Why does the term reactionary exist on the left?

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Karha of Honor
Captain

Re: Why does the term reactionary exist on the left?

Post by Karha of Honor »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 10:29 am
Slash Gallagher wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 6:12 amI got a trust fund. This is home here.. 50 of them in Yale, no one questions that women. 50 people from a top ranked US university acting like that? Youtube is 10 years old or something. When Steve Stiffler was popular this does not happen.

The people who have power are on your side of the spectrum in almost all universities.
Annoyed at stupid shit like white girls dressed up as Mulan is definitely a Left issue (as well as harrassing the opponents in that). The Right issues are not exactly covering themselves in glory either in academia but I'd rather not get into a "but they did X, which makes Y group better."
Soo...

This conversation is finished?
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Eh, I dont think anyone is persuading anyone there. I don't think the Left is particularly worse than they were in the sixties or has a lock stop on education at a higher level despite accusations thereof.
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 12:01 pm Eh, I dont think anyone is persuading anyone there. I don't think the Left is particularly worse than they were in the sixties or has a lock stop on education at a higher level despite accusations thereof.
But it's fucking dominating.

If the left is the same as it was in the sixties i am embarassed i ever felt myself part of it.
Antiboyscout
Captain

Post by Antiboyscout »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 12:01 pm Eh, I dont think anyone is persuading anyone there. I don't think the Left is particularly worse than they were in the sixties or has a lock stop on education at a higher level despite accusations thereof.
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... ives-12-1/

outnumbering 12 - 1 seems like a lock stop