SpaceX in financial trouble

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Madner Kami
Captain

Re: SpaceX in financial trouble

Post by Madner Kami »

Worse. Edison at least bought out ideas that were viable and not just super-sized scams.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

If there was a sci-fi novel with a megalomaniac billionaire who was the son of an Apartheid emerald mine owner, and he was privatizing space exploration so the public no longer has a say in it…you know that would be considered bad, right? The heroes would fight to stop SpaceX.

The fact that anyone considers SpaceX as anything other than a continuation of the transfer of public sector science, that was run for the public good, into the hands of billionaires is a testament to our propaganda. Having space exploration controlled by one billionaire is bad.

Remember in the 60s when rockets launched and the credit was given to the scientists and astronauts that actually made it happen?

Now it’s given to the billionaire who pillaged NASA tech and is now using it as his playground and promotion for his cars. That’s bad. SpaceX is bad.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

So he's like DJ Khaled.
Power laces... alright.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

I didn't know Elon Musk refused to eat pussy.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville