Trump vs Biden^H^H^H^H^H Harris: Kamala Rising

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
phantom000
Captain

Re: Trump vs Biden: the return

Post by phantom000 »

I always said if the "Red Dawn" ever comes I would be the first to head to the hills with a shot gun and a bowie knife. But a civil war? I'm running, maybe UK if I can get that far, Canada or perhaps Alaska if I had to.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

My problem is that, for mental health reasons, I really, really should not own a gun. So uh, shit.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Nealithi
Captain

Post by Nealithi »

My family is upset about this but refuses to have anything but the smallest locks for defense. My father will stare at the TV grimly and keep watching and getting upset. But even before his memory loss I doubt he would do more. My mother will wear a pink hat with pig ears or something and tell everyone how mad she is. But won't do more than this. If men in Gestapo uniforms came for us I think we would just let them take us.

Me? I will vote when the election comes. If the SCOTUS turns around and just declares Trump the victor at this point I will not in anyway be surprised anymore. I think the left will cry, flip those they think are 'in power' off. Those that might actually do something will be put against a wall. I need to watch some TNG and get a little hope back for the future.
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Post by ProfessorDetective »

Just for reference: where are we all, geographically? I presume we're mostly Americans here, but beyond that. Name your state or coast, if nothing else.

I'm down Tennessee way, myself. Oak Ridge to be specific (yes, as in "The Manhattan Project"). Would be in Portland or Seattle, if the funds had ever panned out. Might still be my rough Plan B.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

I'm in Philadelphia, so a pretty good place to be. Won't do me much good though if they unleash the national guard nad have tanks rolling down the streets.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Upstate NY, right on the PA border. I can be in Canada in a few hours if it comes to it.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
sayla0079
Captain

Post by sayla0079 »

I'm in California. If I can get the non stop flight I can be in Canada in five hours.
m4a2000
Officer

Post by m4a2000 »

So Trump has said the fake electors were an 'official act' of the office. So he's saying a coup is an official act of the office.

This is where we are at. The left is still going to follow by the rules, the right will either ignore them, twist them, or abuse more norms.

It will literally take Trump crapping himself during a debate or a video of him talking to Putin on what he can offer for some, just some, on the right to even think 'this might be a bad idea'.

I will vote, I will help students of mine register to vote, and I will use my job in the video and educational world to get more people to vote. Outside of that I wait and hope.
Last edited by m4a2000 on Tue Jul 02, 2024 5:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
It's OK to make mistakes as long as you don't make the same ones. If you do then you're not learning.
Nealithi
Captain

Post by Nealithi »

Camden County, New Jersey for location.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

m4a2000 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 2:59 pmI will vote, I will help students of mine register to vote, and I will use my job in the video and educational word to get more people to vote. Outside of that I wait and hope.
Thank you for your effort. But you know what really bothers me beyond this Supreme Court decission? It's not the fact that this de fakto "Do whatever you please"-decission existing. It's Democrats not fixing it, while they're in office and have the presidency. This decission doesn't go away, no matter who's getting elected president. It stays until the hole is fixed. And the Democrats don't exactly strike me as a bunch of people who actually realize what just happened here or historically having a good track-record in similar regards in the first place. Relying on the honor system is just going to leave the door wide open for the next dictator to come around and walk right into it.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox