In 35 states police can claim consent if they fuck the person they are detaining

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Antiboyscout
Captain

Re: In 35 states police can claim consent if they fuck the person they are detaining

Post by Antiboyscout »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:00 pm And they can avoid being labeled rapists by just...not sticking their weiners into anyone who is currently locked up by them or tossed into the back of a squad car. This is not a huge infringement on personal liberty. This is me saying "wait until a person is out of your custody to fuck them, just in case they are saying 'yes' because you have them utterly at your disposal. Confine yourself to fucking the billions of people who are NOT in your cell, whom you do NOT have restrained with devices that make it hard to fight back and impossible to escape."
I want to stop the endless push of assumed guilt when it comes to rape accusations. It is already legal precedent that not fighting back and not saying no is not consent. This still holds true for persons in positions of power and whether or not someone is restrained with hand cuffs; otherwise, BDSM would be nothing but rape.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Re: In 35 states police can claim consent if they fuck the person they are detaining

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

BDSM is something partners agree to based upon a mutual relationship and trust. There is no safeword that can get you out of a cop car or a holding cell.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Antiboyscout
Captain

Post by Antiboyscout »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:01 pm BDSM is something partners agree to based upon a mutual relationship and trust. There is no safeword that can get you out of a cop car or a holding cell.
Lawyer
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Correct me if I'm wrong, but police can hold you for up to 24 hours before you get to talk to your lawyer.
Antiboyscout
Captain

Post by Antiboyscout »

I don't know
Steve
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Steve »

They can hold you for a minimum amount of time before they have to either charge you or release you. IIRC they have to permit you access to a lawyer the moment you demand it. If they fail to, then they risk any charges they may make against you because being denied legal counsel is grounds to have anything discovered from you thrown out as inadmissable.
"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

Administrator of SFD, Former Spacebattles Super-Mod, Veteran Chatnik. And multiverse crossover-loving writer, of course!
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Thank you for your information. =o Today I learned something.