Brexit Done and Dusted

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
tyrteg
Officer

Re: Brexit Done and Dusted

Post by tyrteg »

So, how is Britain doing there across the Channel? Aside from your fishermen selling their catch in Denmark and Jacob Rees-Mogg insisting that fish are "happier" now that they're in British waters. Also curious to opinions about how long do you think Britain will stay "Great" and not just England+Wales while NI and Scotland move back to EU. I've read some news by Bank of France's governor on how much money UK is loosing because of Financial Conglomerates moving to France and Germany but I haven't really looked at the source so I'm looking forward to seeing if it gets confirmed or not. Watching from the Continent I have to say it's the best comedy I've seen in ages.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... k-governor
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Well, lorry-drivers who have done all the paperwork in order to cross into the EU are held back because of the red tape at the british border for so long, that their paperwork expires and they get a fine of £50 for loitering in the Kent Exclusion Zone. Per hour. They shit into plastic bags, because there're not enough toilets in the waiting zones and so on and on and on...

youtu.be/WYeOOQR1Qks

BrExit is fun for everyone. Except the Brits.

Meanwhile, Boris Johnson promises ailing fishermen who can't pay their bills beyond next week, that everything will be sunshine, roses and peaches. In 5 years. Oh and the Tories just axed "an amendment to a bill to protect the NHS in any future trade deals and also voted to NOT allow parliament to scrutinize future trade deals".

youtu.be/OtHrBtvrwyk

Privatization of the British NHS is a go in
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

I present you, the most British Headline Ever
Agriculture Minister Edwin Poots issues jelly and gravy shortage warning
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-55711531
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

I feel like noting with some smugness that it is due to now being an independent country that we are on course to vaccinate 20-30 million of our population by March... and the EU isn't even off the starting block. So sour are they over this in fact that they are now threatening to block exporting the vaccine.

Our friends across the Channel ladies and gentlemen - willing to kill off the British just because we are making them look bad.
unknownsample
Officer

Post by unknownsample »

clearspira wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:33 pm I feel like noting with some smugness that it is due to now being an independent country that we are on course to vaccinate 20-30 million of our population by March... and the EU isn't even off the starting block. So sour are they over this in fact that they are now threatening to block exporting the vaccine.

Our friends across the Channel ladies and gentlemen - willing to kill off the British just because we are making them look bad.
100,000 people have died of Covid in Britain our own government is perfectly capable of killing us off and let's not remind the list of fuck ups from this government shall we?
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

unknownsample wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:01 pm
clearspira wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:33 pm I feel like noting with some smugness that it is due to now being an independent country that we are on course to vaccinate 20-30 million of our population by March... and the EU isn't even off the starting block. So sour are they over this in fact that they are now threatening to block exporting the vaccine.

100,000 people have died of Covid in Britain our own government is perfectly capable of killing us off and let's not remind the list of fuck ups from this government shall we?
It also amuses me that the first people to threaten a hard border between the North and South of Ireland was the EU over vaccine exports before backtracking in an astonishing display of cowardice. And a mere month after we have left too. They've managed to united Remainers and Leavers on Twitter in a way we haven't been for five years.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

What the hell are you even talking about? Geez, you got a skewed perspective...
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Das brute!
..What mirror universe?
J!!
Captain

Post by J!! »

Clearspira: "We don't need you Europe, we're independent now! See how much better we are at vaccinating, now that we don't have to care about anyone but our own people!"

Also Clearspira: "How dare Europe stop giving us the vaccines that we depend on them for! It's like they don't care about anyone but their own people."

Also also Clearspira: "Why do people keep calling brexiters short sighted, ignorant, and selfish? That's so unfair!"
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

What he said.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville