MAGA rioters storm the Senate

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Captain Crimson
Captain

Re: MAGA rioters storm the Senate

Post by Captain Crimson »

It just disgusts me. Months ago you had Mr. Jackson tweeting out a GIF of a policeman hugging a black man, asking for solidarity, and that gets dogpiled by the Twitter woke mobs.

This is how civility dies. This is how liberty dies. It dies surrounded in hate, darkness, and all the bleak things that make up our jungle heritage.
Rocketboy1313
Captain

Post by Rocketboy1313 »

Captain Crimson wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:51 pm It just disgusts me. Months ago you had Mr. Jackson tweeting out a GIF of a policeman hugging a black man, asking for solidarity, and that gets dogpiled by the Twitter woke mobs.

This is how civility dies. This is how liberty dies. It dies surrounded in hate, darkness, and all the bleak things that make up our jungle heritage.
To what heritage are you referring?
Because I have to tell you, Black people in the US have a different heritage and experience with the government and systems than a typical white person. Performative acts like a cop hugging someone or praying with protestors are not policy, they are not taking steps to actively change things for the better. It is theater to assure complacent people that things are not bad enough to act. Or to be held up by guys who like to say "both sides" are bad as examples of "we can all get along" or "see, they are listening".

Civility is meaningless if it does not exist to support a social order that benefits the participants. I am not going to bother citing numerous sources (that is unfair to you all who have not been researching race for the last few months, most of the things I point to are obvious even to people who only know of them via cultural osmosis, and citing a shitload on this board is not worth my time when it is not just a news article), but civility is often a tool used to keep non-whites down. Behavior that would be punishable were it exhibited by a non-white person is forgiven or excused when it is being acted out by a white person, WEED for instance, uneven sentencing for crime across the board, to say nothing of how much more likely an innocent non-white person is to end up in prison versus an innocent white person.
My Blog: http://rocketboy1313.blogspot.com/
My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Rocketboy1313
My Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/rocketboy1313
My Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/13rocketboy13
Captain Crimson
Captain

Like, duh. Jungle heritage back to the days of Neanderthals, Australopithecine, Cro Magnon, and more. Tribal days.
CmdrKing
Captain

Post by CmdrKing »

Robovski wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:41 pm
Uh-huh. You win this leap contest by a mile already.
Failure and incompetence don't make it not a coup.
The express intent was to intimidate the vice president so he'd install their man as leader. It's pretty cut and dry.
Captain Crimson
Captain

It's just flat-out disturbing at how far society has degraded.

This isn't the end of it. Perhaps a non sequitur, but also relevant... what about the lawsuits against the IA? Is that going down? TWM? In essence, IMO at least, this far far far far far surpasses how the Nazis and the Soviets rewrote history COMBINED.

Because at least far as I know, they didn't just purge half a trillion history documents and intellectual content. That's just frightening, and yet that's where we're headed so egocentric Twitter personalities and tyrannical corporations don't have their history archived. The government is too cowardly to actually step in and reign in all this corporate tyranny, because surprise, more transparency in business would logically mean more transparency in government. And changing tools and technology has given way more freedom of access and ability than previous generations, but the elites HATE that and will fight like H to cling to their archaic power systems.

This is why it's so hard to feel sympathetic to the fat cats in Congress right as we're about to go down in history as committing one of the worst crimes against intellectualism and knowledge and learning in human history, worse than the Nazis and Soviets. But we do live in a society, after all.

#WhySoSerious
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Hmm funny the left didn't mind when it was Antifa.
Power laces... alright.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Yeah you know, the UN might as well go ahead and call it an attempted coup if it lines up with in their dictionary... But I really think it's more interesting of a case study for the Dunning Krueger effect.
Power laces... alright.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Post by Dragon Ball Fan »

Rocketboy1313 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:11 pm Marginalized people demanding civil rights, even with violence, is justified.
Privileged people attempting to overturn an election so they can keep marginalizing people is not justified.
I thought I was finally done with this but are they justified in murdering police officers? Blue Lives Matter wasn't just some petty, knee jerk response to Black Lives Matter, it was in response to police being murdered.
unknownsample
Officer

Post by unknownsample »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:20 am
Rocketboy1313 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:11 pm Marginalized people demanding civil rights, even with violence, is justified.
Privileged people attempting to overturn an election so they can keep marginalizing people is not justified.
I thought I was finally done with this but are they justified in murdering police officers? Blue Lives Matter wasn't just some petty, knee jerk response to Black Lives Matter, it was in response to police being murdered.
A police officer has died as a result injuries sustained yesterday plus numerous others were injured why don't you get upset about that.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Post by Dragon Ball Fan »

unknownsample wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:25 am
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:20 am
A police officer has died as a result injuries sustained yesterday plus numerous others were injured why don't you get upset about that.
I do care about that too, was never saying the George Floyd protests make these riots okay but no one cares when an extremist black activist kills a cop because, they deserved it, I guess?