Yada Yada Yada

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Re: Yada Yada Yada

Post by Dragon Ball Fan »

McAvoy wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 2:22 am
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 1:55 am
McAvoy wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 1:38 am
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 12:09 am
TGLS wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 12:04 am
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 11:56 pm
Madner Kami wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 11:14 pm Page 5 in less than 24h.
Gonna actually reply to my points?
Gonna stop restating the same points endlessly?
Gonna establish you're not here just to get a rise out of people?
Yes. No one answered me specifically about Zootopia and I was asked to give my story of good cops.
We are not here to answer your questions. If someone does, there you go, but no one here is under any obligation to answer.

If no one does, then be the decent person you pretend to be and drop it. Stop harassing us to answer your questions.
I think you are right, I can vent on Youtube, too but wherever I do it, I think I just needed to vent.
Or hod about you find something besides YouTube? Too many of your 'issues' comes from some bullshit you watched or read and you come here for everyone to act likf your therapist.
There are things that don't stress me out on YouTube and I was getting ready to go back to talking on the on-topic section, at worst, I will make a double post in my kids show thread.
Draco Dracul
Captain

Post by Draco Dracul »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 11:51 pm
hammerofglass wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 11:32 pm
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 11:06 pm
hammerofglass wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 10:45 pm
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 8:26 pm
He had a military grade weapon and they could have not known where exactly the shooter is, making it easy for the shooter to kill every one of them before they can even try to stop him. And I am not talking about this particular incident, I am asking why people think this is the objectively wrong thing to do in all situations.
More recent shooting, same style of rifle, killed by random citizen with a pistol:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61615236

AR-15 style rifles are the most common gun in the country. They're easy to make and all the patents ran out in the 70's so every manufacturer makes them. It's a varmint gun, that's it. Almost everyone who has more than one gun owns one. In the kind of ranges we're talking about the pistols the police were carrying are just as deadly.

The why is too much for a brief post, here's an IACP policy paper going over the standard active shooter response and the reasons for it: https://www.theiacp.org/resources/polic ... ve-shooter
Can you bottom line it for me? I don't see how Leroy Jenkinsing in with no thought of what the consequences for the people you are trying to save, would help.
They don't Leroy Jenkins it. They go in methodically and carefully while actively assessing the situation, but they keep the pressure on. Resolve the situation as quickly as possible so more victims get immediate medical attention in time and fewer get killed.

It's only twenty pages and the people who wrote it know a hell of a lot more about the topic than I do, I highly recommend actually reading it over taking my word for it (rainbow butterfly). There are stats and examples and everything.
Okay but there is still the issue of almost the entirety of the left turning their reasonable distrust of police as an institution into an actual prejudice against police officers as people, parents are teaching their kids to hate and fear cops no matter what and this prejudice won't stop when policing is reformed.
40 percent of cops will admit to beating thier spouses.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Draco Dracul wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 7:56 pm
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 11:51 pm
hammerofglass wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 11:32 pm
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 11:06 pm
hammerofglass wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 10:45 pm
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 8:26 pm
He had a military grade weapon and they could have not known where exactly the shooter is, making it easy for the shooter to kill every one of them before they can even try to stop him. And I am not talking about this particular incident, I am asking why people think this is the objectively wrong thing to do in all situations.
More recent shooting, same style of rifle, killed by random citizen with a pistol:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61615236

AR-15 style rifles are the most common gun in the country. They're easy to make and all the patents ran out in the 70's so every manufacturer makes them. It's a varmint gun, that's it. Almost everyone who has more than one gun owns one. In the kind of ranges we're talking about the pistols the police were carrying are just as deadly.

The why is too much for a brief post, here's an IACP policy paper going over the standard active shooter response and the reasons for it: https://www.theiacp.org/resources/polic ... ve-shooter
Can you bottom line it for me? I don't see how Leroy Jenkinsing in with no thought of what the consequences for the people you are trying to save, would help.
They don't Leroy Jenkins it. They go in methodically and carefully while actively assessing the situation, but they keep the pressure on. Resolve the situation as quickly as possible so more victims get immediate medical attention in time and fewer get killed.

It's only twenty pages and the people who wrote it know a hell of a lot more about the topic than I do, I highly recommend actually reading it over taking my word for it (rainbow butterfly). There are stats and examples and everything.
Okay but there is still the issue of almost the entirety of the left turning their reasonable distrust of police as an institution into an actual prejudice against police officers as people, parents are teaching their kids to hate and fear cops no matter what and this prejudice won't stop when policing is reformed.
40 percent of cops will admit to beating thier spouses.
And that doesn't justify hatred of ALL cops. like, if you think every cop is a bad person just for being a cop, if they quit, do you really expect me to not think they're a bad person anymore?
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Oh look, page 6. Within 48 hours.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Madner Kami wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 10:43 pm Oh look, page 6. Within 48 hours.
I don't want to see the guy perma-banned or anything, but I genuinely feel as if a few weeks break would do this guy some good. 450 plus pages of the same subject is not healthy.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

If it were an engaging topic, which the vast majority of the forum would enthusiastically and joyfully... engage with, I'd see no problem. The trouble is, however, that he just doesn't get that his particular kind of beef isn't welcome here.

@Dragon Ball Fan: And just to make sure you get it right, it's not because it's a topic nobody wants to talk about or because people hate you or can't deal with you, quite the contrary. If that were the problem, nobody would bother talking with you in the first place. No, it's because you find no end and keep looping in onto yourself eternally, even when people beg you to just stop, which isn't healthy for anyone. Least of which for you.
And no, being authistic is no excuse. You carry that badge like a shield, as if it would defend your behaviour, but it really doesn't. It gives reason for your behaviour, but you are a being who's at least nominally capable of self-reflection and as such, responsible for how you deal with your particular lot in live. And even though you repeatedly pretend that you are adressing your issues, it's very clear that you do not. You pay lip-service to your internal issues and loop right back to calling out external issues, when these are barely relevant to your actual problem, which you need to adress first and that is your state of mind. We can't do that here. We can tell you that, but it's only you who can work on your own mind, ideally with the help of a or multiple professionals.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Madner Kami wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:32 pm If it were an engaging topic, which the vast majority of the forum would enthusiastically and joyfully... engage with, I'd see no problem. The trouble is, however, that he just doesn't get that his particular kind of beef isn't welcome here.

@Dragon Ball Fan: And just to make sure you get it right, it's not because it's a topic nobody wants to talk about or because people hate you or can't deal with you, quite the contrary. If that were the problem, nobody would bother talking with you in the first place. No, it's because you find no end and keep looping in onto yourself eternally, even when people beg you to just stop, which isn't healthy for anyone. Least of which for you.
And no, being authistic is no excuse. You carry that badge like a shield, as if it would defend your behaviour, but it really doesn't. It gives reason for your behaviour, but you are a being who's at least nominally capable of self-reflection and as such, responsible for how you deal with your particular lot in live. And even though you repeatedly pretend that you are adressing your issues, it's very clear that you do not. You pay lip-service to your internal issues and loop right back to calling out external issues, when these are barely relevant to your actual problem, which you need to adress first and that is your state of mind. We can't do that here. We can tell you that, but it's only you who can work on your own mind, ideally with the help of a or multiple professionals.
You are right but I do mean it when I say I at least try to self reflect and be better. For some reason, I mostly only attack the left here and on YouTube, when I talk to my dad, who I have come to an understanding with, I am playing good cop for the left. Not sure why that is.

And something actually new I want to point out. Wile there may not be much pushback against cops in media nowadays, there is going to be a series based on Zootopia, on Disney+, that does not feature Nick and Judy as characters, can't help but think that was not artistic choice.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:16 pmYou are right but I do mean it when I say I at least try to self reflect and be better. For some reason, I mostly only attack the left here and on YouTube, when I talk to my dad, who I have come to an understanding with, I am playing good cop for the left. Not sure why that is.
You are moving yourself into the position of the devil's advocate. I have a few ideas for why that may be the case and since I can't tell which particular reason it is, I will remain silent. That's for you, your friends and your helpers to figure out, as there are both benevolent and malevolent reasons for being that way.
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:16 pmAnd something actually new I want to point out. Wile there may not be much pushback against cops in media nowadays, there is going to be a series based on Zootopia, on Disney+, that does not feature Nick and Judy as characters, can't help but think that was not artistic choice.
That's your take on it, without a proof of any kind. Nick and Judy's story was told already, and since they created a quite intriguing world with the Zootopia-setting, there's much to explore beyond the buddy-cop-(romance?)-thing between these two characters and the general "growing up"-storyline both characters went through. A series about the relationship between the two seems superfluous to me, outside of the furry-R34-crowd, which is decidely not the audience Disney would ever choose going for conciously (unintentionally or suberversively through stuff the staff sneaks in is an entirely different story of course).
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Madner Kami wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:36 pm
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:16 pmAnd something actually new I want to point out. Wile there may not be much pushback against cops in media nowadays, there is going to be a series based on Zootopia, on Disney+, that does not feature Nick and Judy as characters, can't help but think that was not artistic choice.
That's your take on it, without a proof of any kind. Nick and Judy's story was told already, and since they created a quite intriguing world with the Zootopia-setting, there's much to explore beyond the buddy-cop-(romance?)-thing between these two characters and the general "growing up"-storyline both characters went through. A series about the relationship between the two seems superfluous to me, outside of the furry-R34-crowd, which is decidely not the audience Disney would ever choose going for conciously (unintentionally or suberversively through stuff the staff sneaks in is an entirely different story of course).
There is really no reason they couldn't do a buddy cop show, even explore the other ZPD officers. Unless people would be mad about a series staring cops as protagonists, which is what I suspected.

And I still could never find any good faith argument as to how the movie is Copaganda. They could have had a good argument about Judy's alliance with the mob but no one ever talked abut that, except for one time by Screen Rant, of all people. Instead, people talk about how it perpetuates the "Only a few bad apples" narrative or that the movie ends with racism ending in Zootopia, which tells me, those people never watched the movie
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Where are you seeing people still talking about Zootopia literally at all?

Go look at that "top rated shows" thread if you want to know how people feel about cops as protagonists. It's 11 of the top 20 shows.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.