Trump vs Biden^H^H^H^H^H Harris: Kamala Rising

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Nobody700
Officer

Re: Trump vs Biden: the return

Post by Nobody700 »

Madner Kami wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 9:13 pm
Nobody700 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 6:13 pm Reddit's being astro turfed HARD by russia. Tons and TONS of users who never said anything suddenly declaring the evils of Biden and how they just won't vote. Suddenly a LOT of comic art drawn by nobodies showing how this is an election of a corpse and how, maybe we are all fucked and should just give up. It's WILD.

The thing is when people think pro russia astro turfing, they think the early months of the Ukraine war where it was 'BUT ACTUALLY NATO AND US DID THIS' but this is more how they won the 2016 election. Just keep pushing ONE thing, and ignore all others. Ignore Trump is convicted, a pedophile, a rapist, a monster, ignore it all. Biden is old, ergo, WE ARE ALL DOOMED.
You can see a lot of that happening, once you're generally aware of it's existence. Normally it's just a general background noise of people commenting on the strangest things with complains about the bad government or wokeness or just generally any sort of negativity. It's creating a general "haze of negativity", once you look at it from a broader perspective. Now there certainly are a lot of unhappy people out there, who're part of this chorus, but there are usually some... You know them when you see them. Instigators, not trolls, just... "persons" who place two sentences and vanish into the darkness of the world wide web, never to be seen anywhere again. Or indeed, never having been seen anywhere before. Just touching the first stone on a domino ever so slightly. Plucking a string.

It's... real. It's very real. Societies have been shaped by social engineering since forever. Mass media allowed it on a scale never seen before and subtle in ways that are hard to percieve and the methods become ever more sophisticated until we reach today's white noise in the Web.
It's wild to me that Russia can do all this and yet can't even predict that the war in Ukraine would not have lasted more than two weeks.
Science Fiction is a genre where anything can happen. Just make sure what happens is enjoyable for yourself and your audience.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Russia, China. Parties in our own polities as well. In some cases, parties being both a result and the cause of the unrest. Heck, even companies these days.

And you know what the worst part is? You know how AI-programs are increasingly producing ever more strange bullshit, because while AI learns from whatever is on the web, the amount of "AI-created" stuff on the web is increasing all the time, inevitably leading to incestuous relationships, where AI learns from itself and thus creating ever stranger things? That. That right there. That's how we get Russia having 550k casualities and riding on tanks from the 50s into a war with "NATO", believing they're winning and the Kings of the Coming World, while China makes them their resource labour camp, while having no more than 20 people who can weld Titanium...
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Nobody700
Officer

Post by Nobody700 »

Madner Kami wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2024 9:41 pm Russia, China. Parties in our own polities as well. In some cases, parties being both a result and the cause of the unrest. Heck, even companies these days.

And you know what the worst part is? You know how AI-programs are increasingly producing ever more strange bullshit, because while AI learns from whatever is on the web, the amount of "AI-created" stuff on the web is increasing all the time, inevitably leading to incestuous relationships, where AI learns from itself and thus creating ever stranger things? That. That right there. That's how we get Russia having 550k casualities and riding on tanks from the 50s into a war with "NATO", believing they're winning and the Kings of the Coming World, while China makes them their resource labour camp, while having no more than 20 people who can weld Titanium...
Look all I'm saying is, Putin is selling the hell out of NATO better than Clinton ever could.
Science Fiction is a genre where anything can happen. Just make sure what happens is enjoyable for yourself and your audience.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Project 2025 basically signals the end of American democracy and people just ignore it because we live in a society where lunacy like it is dismissed as fake news.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

I think people aren't ignoring it. Otherewise 45 wouldn't be trying to distance himself from it.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

It seems to be getting a lot more attention recently. Celebrities telling their followers about it and such.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

So a year ago the Democratic leadership was all "oh no we can't have a real primary even though Biden's unpopular, we have to back the incumbent" and now after one bad debate the same people are panicking and saying we need to dump Biden at the last possible moment long after any chance of actual voters having a say in it has passed.

I swear, for the last three elections the biggest asset the GOP has had is the Democratic party. What a complete clownshow.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

The middle of a horse race is a bit late to be mending fences, as much as I dislike Biden.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

hammerofglass wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 5:42 pm So a year ago the Democratic leadership was all "oh no we can't have a real primary even though Biden's unpopular, we have to back the incumbent" and now after one bad debate the same people are panicking and saying we need to dump Biden at the last possible moment long after any chance of actual voters having a say in it has passed.

I swear, for the last three elections the biggest asset the GOP has had is the Democratic party. What a complete clownshow.
The Simpsons has aged like wine again!

youtu.be/TMRmuyy9f_w
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 1:34 pm Project 2025 basically signals the end of American democracy and people just ignore it because we live in a society where lunacy like it is dismissed as fake news.
Fitting, I'd say. "Mein Kampf" was largely ignored here as well, despite it telling exactly what's gonna happen.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox