Bounty Hunters for Abortions

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Re: Bounty Hunters for Abortions

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Nealithi wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:13 am Thank you for the video link.
I think I may vomit now.
oh?
Power laces... alright.
Nealithi
Captain

Post by Nealithi »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:57 pm
Nealithi wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:13 am Thank you for the video link.
I think I may vomit now.
oh?
Legal Eagle is good at breaking things down. The video was informative and lets me know things are sliding into hell on the legal landscape. A law with no enforcement duties on the government? How is that even possible? Oh yeah we put bounties up. Might as well hand out guns and have a nice civil war. Winner rules the damn country with BS like this.
Like he said it looks worse than just bypassing Roe vs. Wade. This bypasses law and creates discrimination. What happens when they do something similar due to skin color?
The whole thing is disgusting.
pilight
Officer

Post by pilight »

Nealithi wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:11 pm A law with no enforcement duties on the government? How is that even possible? Oh yeah we put bounties up.
It's not a new concept. It's modeled on a California law. Proposition 65 (the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986) is enforced entirely through civil action. Instead of the state pursuing criminal procedures, it empowers any individual or organization “acting in the public interest” to sue a business for violations. If successful plaintiffs can claim 25% of any penalty assessed or more if it is settled. You can find any number of stories online about Prop 65 bounty hunters.