Nancy Pelosi suspected assassination attempt; husband held prisoner and assaulted with hammer at home

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Riedquat
Captain

Re: Nancy Pelosi suspected assassination attempt; husband held prisoner and assaulted with hammer at home

Post by Riedquat »

Frustration wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:23 pm The best evidence that trans people don't have to worry about genocide is that some of them are openly claiming that they are targets of genocide.

People who are truly at risk in that way don't have the safety and sense of security to make those sorts of claims.
Don't think that logic really follows.
Frustration
Captain

Re: Nancy Pelosi suspected assassination attempt; husband held prisoner and assaulted with hammer at home

Post by Frustration »

It's strongly supported by history. Think of the various peoples the Nazis targeted, or the Hutu-Tutsi conflict.

People like hammerofglass don't actually have any fear for their immediate personal safety and so spout out all kinds of idiotic nonsense. People who are genuinely in fear for their lives are cautious about saying even easily-confirmed facts because they actually are being targeted.
"Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two equals four. If that is granted, all else follows." -- George Orwell, 1984
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Frustration wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:54 pm It's strongly supported by history. Think of the various peoples the Nazis targeted, or the Hutu-Tutsi conflict.

People like hammerofglass don't actually have any fear for their immediate personal safety and so spout out all kinds of idiotic nonsense. People who are genuinely in fear for their lives are cautious about saying even easily-confirmed facts because they actually are being targeted.
This is bullshit² and you know it.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
CmdrKing
Captain

Post by CmdrKing »

This of course is why, historically, no Jews in Germany spoke out against the Nazis or tried to claim asylum in other nations. Why indigenous people in the US and Canada never demonstrated against residential schools or the violation of their treaties and removal from their lands.

Oh wait those things did happen! And those genocides were in a much later stage than what we’re seeing now. But the conservative mind thinks anything less than gas chambers is not a genocide, and therefor should not be cause for concern, then retroactively blames the targeted people for not doing more to stop their genocide before reaching the gas chambers phase!
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

I point out ICE had doctors performing involuntary hysterectomies.

We're already to the point of war crimes being unpunished.
Frustration
Captain

Post by Frustration »

Madner Kami wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:21 pm This is bullshit² and you know it.
Do not presume to suggest that I am knowingly lying, Madner Kami.

I've spoken with people who fled genocidal persecution to come here; I've heard some of their stories about what it was like before they felt they had to leave. I suspect you have not.
"Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two equals four. If that is granted, all else follows." -- George Orwell, 1984
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Frustration wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:38 pm
Madner Kami wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:21 pm This is bullshit² and you know it.
Do not presume to suggest that I am knowingly lying, Madner Kami.
This poses two possibilities. Either you don't know how high you just stacked the bullshit and are an idiot or a liar is telling us, that he never lies. I know what I place my money on, especially after you flat out told us what you think about yourself and your superior intelligence.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Frustration wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:54 pm It's strongly supported by history. Think of the various peoples the Nazis targeted, or the Hutu-Tutsi conflict.

Are you truly so cowardly that resistance is unthinkable to you?
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Although I live in New York not Texas or Florida so I'm actually not under any immediate threat personally and never claimed I was. Not sure why you singled me out there.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Frustration
Captain

Post by Frustration »

hammerofglass wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:52 pm Are you truly so cowardly that resistance is unthinkable to you?
It's quite obvious that you're not actually afraid that you'll be beaten to death on the street if you catch someone's eye, or that the authorities will drag you out of your home in the dead of night and you'll never be seen again.

It's quite obvious that you have no understanding of what actual genocidal persecution or living in constant terror for your life is like. And you have both the freedom and the safety to go online and whine about how people want to persecute you, when you don't have the slightest idea what 'persecution' really is.

Your 'resistance' isn't going to get you flayed alive. Go on, tell us again about how brave you are.