Trump vs Biden^H^H^H^H^H Harris: Kamala Rising

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
hammerofglass
Captain

Re: Trump vs Biden: the return

Post by hammerofglass »

There's been an obvious pro-Trump bias in the media all along but the last couple of weeks it's been just cartoonish. Even the smallest gaffe or misstatement by Biden gets multiple news cycles, but Trump being all over Epstein's call logs or freezing for thirty seconds mid-speech or openly talking about his plans to be a dictator and drown the country in blood doesn't warrant a mention.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

hammerofglass wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 11:00 am There's been an obvious pro-Trump bias in the media all along but the last couple of weeks it's been just cartoonish. Even the smallest gaffe or misstatement by Biden gets multiple news cycles, but Trump being all over Epstein's call logs or freezing for thirty seconds mid-speech or openly talking about his plans to be a dictator and drown the country in blood doesn't warrant a mention.
They do report on Trump's gaffes and also breakdown anything new Trump says which doesn't happen often. He usually just estates the same things over and over again.
I got nothing to say here.
m4a2000
Officer

Post by m4a2000 »

Trump was just shot at at a rally. Blood was seen coming from his ear.

This is not good.
It's OK to make mistakes as long as you don't make the same ones. If you do then you're not learning.
J!!
Captain

Post by J!! »

youtu.be/1RgEu4Lzcts

Go to 8:30 in the video
Nobody700
Officer

Post by Nobody700 »

Actually crazy that this happened. A human being is dead at the rally.
Science Fiction is a genre where anything can happen. Just make sure what happens is enjoyable for yourself and your audience.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Yes Trump was shot. Grazed his ear. Multiple shots were made. Not sure how many. One was bystander was killed and another wounded.

The shooter was killed by the Secret Service.

Now talking to my military family, especially my brother who is a trained to make shots like that, they suspect he wasn't military or he was but not fully trained to be a sniper. The suspected range is about 200 yards which again according to my family is close enough for a head shot. But I think the distance is father away and apparently there is a video of the shooter.

Anyway, the suspicion is that they were going for a head shot because Trump was suspected to be wearing a vest (reasonable). Also that one round did graze his ear which is damn close.

With all of that being said.

If the shooter succeeded then we'll no more Trump. But shooter didn't and just made him a living martyr. Don't know how many would go to his side now independents mainly. But I thin this idiot shooter just gave Trump the presidency.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Two are dead now....
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Really curious about this shooter.
..What mirror universe?
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

McAvoy wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 2:22 amIf the shooter succeeded then we'll no more Trump. But shooter didn't and just made him a living martyr. Don't know how many would go to his side now independents mainly. But I thin this idiot shooter just gave Trump the presidency.
Voter mobilization for Trump was already pretty high adn I doubt this will catalyze into many extra votes. I'd worry much more about further radicalization of the MAGA-crowd. They were already bloodthirsty, now they got an excuse.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Nobody700
Officer

Post by Nobody700 »

"Biden ordered this assassination to end Trump cause he was gonna win."

Oh come on... the supreme court made it legal for Biden to just kill Trump and say he did so, you guys are silly. Come up with better conspirasy theories next time, Russian bots.
Science Fiction is a genre where anything can happen. Just make sure what happens is enjoyable for yourself and your audience.