Joe Biden defense thread

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
GreyICE
Captain

Re: Joe Biden defense thread

Post by GreyICE »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 8:51 pm Trump's wall is seen is as irresponsible. Reducing it down to partisan immigration is a bit of a red herring
We could also note that the 2013 shutdown was due to the Republicans deciding to defund the ACA rather than try to pass votes to repeal it. And the 2018 shutdown was due to Trump deciding that getting votes to build a wall was too difficult, he just wanted to do it by decree. And both of these are attempts to bypass the entire political process and democracy itself.

But the entire thing is just trying to pull a gotcha. He doesn't know, understand, or care about the reasons behind any of the shutdowns. So I'm going to make fun of his squeaky red nose and big floppy shoes, because he's a fucking clown.
Knowledge-Based Education – We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs

- Republican Party Platform
GreyICE
Captain

Post by GreyICE »

Like, there's never been a "build a wall" act enacted. The President has powers to allocate discretionary funds to deal with problems, but the idea isn't spend $24,000,000,000 building a wall because the President likes walls. Especially after another historic tax cut.

Remember that the next time they tell you about how fucking fiscally responsible they are. Pass a tax cut, then try to build a $24 billion wall. Remember that when they try to claim that $157 million spent by the National Council for the Arts is irresponsible - they wanted to spend $24,000 million on a vanity project. Without a vote.
Knowledge-Based Education – We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs

- Republican Party Platform
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Well they did the same thing in House of Cards a year or two prior when Underwood declared a state of emergency to get FEMA funds to do a job stimulus.
Power laces... alright.
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

GreyICE wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 8:43 pm Ignores entire post to focus on one point he thinks he can pull a "gotcha" on.

'kay fam, have fun with that. I'll make fun of you. Clown.
Well, I can ignore logic and just call people names if that makes you feel I'm more relatable. :lol:
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Post by ProfessorDetective »

Just going to post this, feels relevant: https://twitter.com/i/events/1261134534877175808
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

...is it too much to ask for the Democratic presidential candidate to be somebody who doesn't actively ask people NOT to vote? X_x

The GOP is actively suppressing voters, Joe Biden is all "If you're gonna be MEAN TO ME then I don't even WANT you're stupid vote!"...is anyone trying to get this election to involve voters?

Dear gods. Dear Dionysus's dick on a stick. Holy Hecate. Ostara's engorged clit. Spirit of the Night Wind what the blueberry latte fuck.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Captain Crimson
Captain

Post by Captain Crimson »

Fuzzy, you seem to be falling into the classic "victory at all costs" mindset, and it's one I don't entirely agree with, since "victory at all costs" could mean the cost is too high.

I have enormous issues with Mr. Biden, and give him credit, he's right. If you believe the allegations, then what kind of a leader would he make? To say "marginally" better than Mr. 45 is putting so much undeserved energy into something that will accomplish so little in the end. Ironically, my respect for Mr. Biden has increased from this. Granted, it could all be a ploy to make himself look good, but this would imply a level of intelligence I think he does not have.

I do think this will give Mr. 45, if that's what you're worrying about, ammo to use against him. He'll turn right around and say people should vote their hearts and not support him. But them's the breaks. What else would you support? The fine rule of morality here is clear.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

You are willing to pursue "victory at all costs" for the sake of your mother. Imagine how many people I care about.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Mostly yourself, from what I can see.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

...well that was rather uncalled for. :(