MAGA rioters storm the Senate

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Captain Crimson
Captain

Re: MAGA rioters storm the Senate

Post by Captain Crimson »

CmdrKing wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:54 am https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-a ... ice-2021-1

If you see calls for defunding then police renewed, THIS sort of thing is why: they’ve proven they are only interested in defending private property and killing Black and brown people. Thwarting fascistic coups? Nah, not their department.

If they don’t want to exercise their power against genuine threats to society, if they are showing in real time they only want to oppress the powerless rather than uphold the laws, then why do they exist.
You call this bluster a threat? That's quite rich given how often you lefties have railed on our elites. But yeah, you guys are NEVER going to get mainstream recognition on this, ever, and then complain that those in the center who don't WANT to lose police protection since we can't shill out for private security are enablers to fascism. Like, for real. Shove that collectivist-guilte shaming language somewhere else, please.

Fascism, insofar as I understand, takes hold of weak democracies, and in slashing funding for cops, you're not addressing the root issues, you're just accelerating them, which is what I think the real goal here is. Not calls for reform, as that costs money. Make it easier for the leftist revolutionaries to take over the country and institute the reforms you want. I think you guys are just jealous the right had the massive cajones to do what you guys give empty talk to, but have failed to. Take our problems right to the source. I don't like extremism either way, but this is why the right always wins and why they at least have more unity than the scattered nutjobs on the left.

How does seizing a police precinct solve anything? It doesn't. But these tactics genuinely put a scare on Congress. Will it lead to meaningful change? No. I don't think so. But it could. I hope it does. But they're so tone-deaf, I really doubt it.
Draco Dracul
Captain

Post by Draco Dracul »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:04 am Hmm funny the left didn't mind when it was Antifa.
When did Antifa launch a coup d'etat against the united states?
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Captain Crimson wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:04 am
CmdrKing wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:54 am https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-a ... ice-2021-1

If you see calls for defunding then police renewed, THIS sort of thing is why: they’ve proven they are only interested in defending private property and killing Black and brown people. Thwarting fascistic coups? Nah, not their department.

If they don’t want to exercise their power against genuine threats to society, if they are showing in real time they only want to oppress the powerless rather than uphold the laws, then why do they exist.
You call this bluster a threat?
Why not? I'll call you a threat.
Power laces... alright.
Captain Crimson
Captain

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:07 am

I'll drop the red alert siren on yo a** and turn this forum into a land of fire, red-tail hawks, and Communists. 8-)
Captain Crimson
Captain

Draco Dracul wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:59 am
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:04 am Hmm funny the left didn't mind when it was Antifa.
I want to ask this in all sincerity. Let's assume we lived in a world where Mr. Trump sailed to victory, yet again.

Do you honestly think we wouldn't see some kinda pushback on this same level? What if it was the leftist groups storming the white house? Do you think that would fly?

Plus it's very suspicious to me the way this whole thing was carried out. It honestly would not surprise me if this was somehow all staged to justify further security crackdowns. If so, I don't know by whom, but right and left have ample motive and hate each other enough to try it, so why not.
Draco Dracul
Captain

Post by Draco Dracul »

Captain Crimson wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:13 am
Draco Dracul wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:59 am
I want to ask this in all sincerity. Let's assume we lived in a world where Mr. Trump sailed to victory, yet again.

Do you honestly think we wouldn't see some kinda pushback on this same level? What if it was the leftist groups storming the white house? Do you think that would fly?
I do not think there would have been an armed insurrection attempting to overthrow the government.

I think a leftist group attempting to storm the White House would have been completely massacred.
Captain Crimson wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:13 am Plus it's very suspicious to me the way this whole thing was carried out. It honestly would not surprise me if this was somehow all staged to justify further security crackdowns. If so, I don't know by whom, but right and left have ample motive and hate each other enough to try it, so why not.
This event was publicly organized by the alt-right on social media to fulfill Trump's desire to remain president. The fact that they were allowed to get into the capitol building is simply part of trend of the going soft on the right.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Captain Crimson wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:12 am
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:07 am

I'll drop the red alert siren on yo a** and turn this forum into a land of fire, red-tail hawks, and Communists. 8-)
You shoot me, I drop this, we're both dead. You know how this shit works?
Power laces... alright.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Robovski wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:39 pm How dare they take their protest to the politicians and government buildings instead of burning down their own neighborhoods and small businesses. That's one big difference there, so yeah, not the same. Can't have those actually responsible for their anger being the target of the ire of the protestors, they should be just ruining their communities.
The man you worship and defend would sell you to an organ-harvesting plant for one diet coke and joke about it later.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:37 am
Robovski wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:39 pm How dare they take their protest to the politicians and government buildings instead of burning down their own neighborhoods and small businesses. That's one big difference there, so yeah, not the same. Can't have those actually responsible for their anger being the target of the ire of the protestors, they should be just ruining their communities.
The man you worship and defend would sell you to an organ-harvesting plant for one diet coke and joke about it later.
Plus once you start breaking and entering you not longer protesters your trespreassers, and in this case terrorist.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

I also want a personal apology and $20 from everyone who said "oh it won't get that bad" or "he would never" or "they won't let him" or "you're being ridiculous" when I expressed concerns that 45 wouldn't willingly leave office.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville