Nancy Pelosi suspected assassination attempt; husband held prisoner and assaulted with hammer at home

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
hammerofglass
Captain

Re: Nancy Pelosi suspected assassination attempt; husband held prisoner and assaulted with hammer at home

Post by hammerofglass »

I realize you're having some kind of meltdown but you really need to keep better track of what I actually said and shit you made up in your head.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Madner Kami
Captain

Re: Nancy Pelosi suspected assassination attempt; husband held prisoner and assaulted with hammer at home

Post by Madner Kami »

So he's only allowed to point out where the destination lies, once we've arrived there, rather than already at the first or second station and trying to get the train to stop? Dude, I don't know where that chip on your shoulder is coming from, but the assessment of a genocide in the making is quite accurate and there are already victims out there. Right now the "worst" they have to fear is getting a hormon therapy canceled right in the middle, with god knows what consequences. Where do you think the Republican ilk will stop? I tend to side with the victims here.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Draco Dracul
Captain

Post by Draco Dracul »

Frustration wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:23 pm The best evidence that trans people don't have to worry about genocide is that some of them are openly claiming that they are targets of genocide.

People who are truly at risk in that way don't have the safety and sense of security to make those sorts of claims.
I don't know how to respond to this. Because this isn't just denial of specific genocides, but of genocide as a concept as it makes the act of speaking out against an on going genocide proof that it isn't happening.

Like by your professed standard the Frank family was not at risk of genocide because Otto Frank was able to apply for asylum (it was denied due to the same immigration quotas police that exists to this day).

Like far more than random individuals beating me to death in the street, I fear the power of the state. Lots of people who would never commit violence themselves are perfectly willing to ignore the violence the state commits. The average person wouldn't destroy a homeless man's tent, steal his meager possessions, and murder his dog, but they will support the police doing so.
Frustration
Captain

Post by Frustration »

Draco Dracul wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:42 amBecause this isn't just denial of specific genocides
Oh? Name them.
"Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two equals four. If that is granted, all else follows." -- George Orwell, 1984
Draco Dracul
Captain

Post by Draco Dracul »

Frustration wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:19 am
Draco Dracul wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:42 amBecause this isn't just denial of specific genocides
Oh? Name them.
Did you not read the rest of my post? Literally you logic would mean that the holocaust does not qualify as a genocide because thier were people speaking out against it from it's early hours until the fall of Nazi Germany. To say that people talking about the genocide they are currently facing makes it not genocide is to deny genocide as concept save for when it it complete.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Snatching trans children away from their supportive parents is already a form of genocide. Involuntary hysterectomies are a form of genocide. Just because it's not full Final Solution doesn't make it less than genocide.

You sound like Sideshow Bob ranting about "attempted murder" not being a crime.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Image sorta related
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

ProfessorDetective
Captain

Post by ProfessorDetective »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:04 am Image
Off topic: But you KNOW you were meant to be a politician when your surname is McGOVERN.

I also fully agree with him. MTG is a ghoul as are the vast majority of her party.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

I'd rather equate their ilk to liches, what with them sucking people's souls out in order to keep themselves alive at all costs.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox