Trump vs Biden^H^H^H^H^H Harris: Kamala Rising

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
hammerofglass
Captain

Re: Trump vs Biden: the return

Post by hammerofglass »

I'm glad they failed, he'd be a hell of a lot more dangerous as a martyr with someone actually competent in his place.

I'm guessing we some real madman shit from him now, he ain't exactly the shining example of stoicism of Teddy Roosevelt or even Reagan.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Nobody700 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 4:51 am "Biden ordered this assassination to end Trump cause he was gonna win."

Oh come on... the supreme court made it legal for Biden to just kill Trump and say he did so, you guys are silly. Come up with better conspirasy theories next time, Russian bots.
It's a country of, what, 70 million people voting for him? You should have utterly anticipated that you'd hear exactly that.
..What mirror universe?
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 3:46 am Really curious about this shooter.
Pictures are out. Some stories are out now.

20 year old PA native. Was bullied in High School. Hunted and a video game nerd. Also possible that his father was the one that bought the gun too. Oh and registered Republican but has donated to Left causes/charities.

Everything so far sounds like a school shooter and not some liberal anarchist.
I got nothing to say here.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

I've lived in rural PA, lots of liberals register Republican just because the GOP primary is the only local election that actually effects the outcome so I wouldn't count that as evidence if anything.
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

hammerofglass wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 7:03 pm I've lived in rural PA, lots of liberals register Republican just because the GOP primary is the only local election that actually effects the outcome so I wouldn't count that as evidence if anything.
Interesting perspective to someone not even in the same country, cheers.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

McAvoy wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 5:55 pm
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 3:46 am Really curious about this shooter.
Pictures are out. Some stories are out now.

20 year old PA native. Was bullied in High School. Hunted and a video game nerd. Also possible that his father was the one that bought the gun too. Oh and registered Republican but has donated to Left causes/charities.

Everything so far sounds like a school shooter and not some liberal anarchist.
Apparently, the donation to the Left was made up by twitter and reported.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

So the Republicans, who incite violence against democrats all the damn time, blamed this on the democrats. Now they're pivoting to "It happened because there are WIMMIN in the secret service!" despite a woman in secret service literally being the one who saved their god-king's life by shooting the shooter. Not gonna rule out them blaming this on democrats though.

Meanwhile, the democrats are hand-wringing instead of, you know, pointing out what side all this political violence originates from.

I hate this country.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Did anyone check his socials to make sure he wasn't just obsessed with Jodie Foster?
m4a2000
Officer

Post by m4a2000 »

In other news JD Vance is Trumps VP pick.
It's OK to make mistakes as long as you don't make the same ones. If you do then you're not learning.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

I have no idea who that is.