Lesbians being pressured into sex by pre-op transwomen

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Re: Lesbians being pressured into sex by pre-op transwomen

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Mickey_Rat15 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:18 am
Draco Dracul wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:43 am
Mickey_Rat15 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:49 pm
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:43 pm
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:24 pm Fuzzy isn't it generally understood that being a transgendered person is something commonly might need a bit of transparency when opting for conventional warp speed relationships, particularly when you're looking for a cis partner?
It is not generally understood. If you're dating somebody and you think they might be trans, it's on YOU to ask, not on THEM to disclose. If that seems awkward or embarrassing for you, just imagine how it feels for them.
This is an attitude I do not not understand. If a transperson should fear violence from a romantic interest if they find out the transperson's nature. It seems to me, as a matter of pragmatism, it is in the transperson's self-interest to control the circumstances of when and where that happens.
That's what fuzzy's describing. Not having the onus on them to disclose inherently gives them more control while being required to do so gives them less.
No, it does not. It means when the truth comes out will be random, though with the probability likely skewed towards a moment of high passion which is far more likely to end in violence.
That doesn't follow rationally. It does not mean the truth will come out at random, it means the truth CAN come out at random and that's a completely different statement.
..What mirror universe? ;/
Mickey_Rat15
Officer

Post by Mickey_Rat15 »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:27 am
Mickey_Rat15 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:34 pm
CharlesPhipps wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:03 pm
Mickey_Rat15 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:26 am Except, apparently, there are a lot of gay people who disagree with that assertion and think their sexual orientation is based on the sex of their potential parrtner, not the gender identity.

Your statement is, at best, controversial.
Yes and not all trans people are gay nor do all gay people support trans rights. Trans men and women seek recognition as the sex their brain functions as. My general take on the subject is, "Treat them as the sex they identify as. Because it will cause immense suffering to them otherwise."
Except that trans people are not of the sex their gender identity matches to. Even if an accurate description of a person causes them "immeasurable harm" then that does not create an obligation on everyone else to deny the truth to spare their egos.
That's pretty much what trans people consider to be bullshit. Which is the source of why trans activists exist to change this attitude.
Trans activists considering reality to be bullshit is not a point in favor of the trans activists.
A managed democracy is a wonderful thing... for the managers... and its greatest strength is a 'free press' when 'free' is defined as 'responsible' and the managers define what is 'irresponsible'.”

― Robert A. Heinlein, The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Mickey_Rat15 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:50 am
Trans activists considering reality to be bullshit is not a point in favor of the trans activists.
Appeals to reality that ignore medical science saying their brains work differently (i.e. they are the sexes they claim to be) are, in simple terms, dumb. I note that it always seems to be "reality" only when it agrees with the premise and ignoring of evidence when it doesn't.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Just nakedly stating that your prejudices are reality is not a real argument, Mickey_Rat15.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

CharlesPhipps and Mickey are you aware of the difference between sex and gender? CharlesPhipps seems to be conflating them regularly and Mickey seems to argue in spite of the difference.
..What mirror universe? ;/
Mickey_Rat15
Officer

Post by Mickey_Rat15 »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:14 pm
Mickey_Rat15 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:50 am
Appeals to reality that ignore medical science saying their brains work differently (i.e. they are the sexes they claim to be) are, in simple terms, dumb. I note that it always seems to be "reality" only when it agrees with the premise and ignoring of evidence when it doesn't.
"Sex" refers to the physiological and genetic differences between males and females. Whatever one thinks of what their gender identity is, that does not alter their sex. That is the reality, the science, that I am referring to.
A managed democracy is a wonderful thing... for the managers... and its greatest strength is a 'free press' when 'free' is defined as 'responsible' and the managers define what is 'irresponsible'.”

Mickey_Rat15
Officer

Post by Mickey_Rat15 »

hammerofglass wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:20 pm Just nakedly stating that your prejudices are reality is not a real argument, Mickey_Rat15.
If "sex differences are real and often significant in human relationships" is a prejudice, then I think it is one well supported by evidence.

Mickey_Rat15
Officer

Post by Mickey_Rat15 »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:28 pm CharlesPhipps and Mickey are you aware of the difference between sex and gender? CharlesPhipps seems to be conflating them regularly and Mickey seems to argue in spite of the difference.
I believe I am maintaining a difference between sex and gender, in contrast to Mr. Phipps, who is asserting that gender is sex.

Draco Dracul
Captain

Post by Draco Dracul »

Mickey_Rat15 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:08 pm
hammerofglass wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:20 pm Just nakedly stating that your prejudices are reality is not a real argument, Mickey_Rat15.
If "sex differences are real and often significant in human relationships" is a prejudice, then I think it is one well supported by evidence.
How do you define sex?
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Mickey_Rat15 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:08 pm
I mean, trans people are aware of physical sex differences in much the same way as a diabetic is aware of blood sugar. Nobody's really denying they exist.

Now saying trans men aren't real men because a hormone imbalance they can't control affected their physical development? That's prejudice.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.