Trump vs Biden^H^H^H^H^H Harris: Kamala Rising

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Re: Trump vs Biden: the return

Post by ProfessorDetective »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 8:04 pm I have no idea who that is.
Senator from Ohio since 2023, very right-wing (obviously). Got on the map for his memoir turned Netflix Feature: "Hillbilly Elegy".

youtu.be/QZl1_wPhQR0
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

ProfessorDetective wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 1:42 am
Thebestoftherest wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 8:04 pm I have no idea who that is.
Senator from Ohio since 2023, very right-wing (obviously). Got on the map for his memoir turned Netflix Feature: "Hillbilly Elegy".

youtu.be/QZl1_wPhQR0
And now blaming Mexicans for his mum being a crackhead. GG. In short, a willing stooge, paid for to get into this positionby Musk and Thiel no less.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Biden got covid now, will that be a problem?
m4a2000
Officer

Post by m4a2000 »

I want Anton York for President! (Star Trek comic reviewed by Linkara)

On a different topic I'm not sure how well I'll last through November at his rate.
It's OK to make mistakes as long as you don't make the same ones. If you do then you're not learning.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 10:32 pm Biden got covid now, will that be a problem?
Only if he's not able to campaign by the election.
..What mirror universe?
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

It's actually a problem because Biden is old. He may have the best medicine the US has to offer but he is still old. Depending on how severe it is too. He could take a week off or it might be some that will linger for awhile.
I got nothing to say here.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

I do wish he let someone else take on Trump
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:06 pm I do wish he let someone else take on Trump
Wished he did that last year. Wished the Democrats figured it out once Biden was elected. Hell wished they figured it out once Trump was elected back in 2016.

I mean let's face it, this election would be a whole lot easier if some 50-60 year old was on that ballet because it would be Trump would look old in comparison.
Nobody700
Officer

Post by Nobody700 »

Honestly to be very mean and cruel, everyone here is right that Biden is just plain OLD...

But Trump's base would still defend him to their dying (literal) breaths, the media would TEAR this person apart, constantly deep throat Trump, and social media would blast the Dem Candidate for sneezing too hard once. Frankly, it just feels like America WANTS Trump to win, and too bad for everyone who'll suffer for this.
Science Fiction is a genre where anything can happen. Just make sure what happens is enjoyable for yourself and your audience.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Nobody700 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:41 pm Honestly to be very mean and cruel, everyone here is right that Biden is just plain OLD...

But Trump's base would still defend him to their dying (literal) breaths, the media would TEAR this person apart, constantly deep throat Trump, and social media would blast the Dem Candidate for sneezing too hard once. Frankly, it just feels like America WANTS Trump to win, and too bad for everyone who'll suffer for this.
Well of course he is. Deage Biden by 20 years and he instantly gains millions of voted because his age is no longer a factor. Then his policies would be the main focus. Trump's age does.

But yeah Trump supporters will defend him even if he mimics age related issues Biden has now. In fact Trump is starting to show it.