Yada Yada Yada

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Re: Yada Yada Yada

Post by Thebestoftherest »

why are you encouraging him?
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:31 am why are you encouraging him?
Well let's see what he can do with something that has nothing to do with children's shows and cops.

Gas prices? Let's see what he has to say about that.

I doubt it. Broken records rarely jump to a totally new record.
I got nothing to say here.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Post by Dragon Ball Fan »

And maybe me saying I am perfect was a coping device to to deal with how I used to be almost a Tankie in my views, for a time. Then again, I was a perfect angel as a kid and since I have already acknowledged my mistakes on this forum and have basically done a 180 on the police issue, as my latest YouTube video can show, I don't know if there is anything else I need to improve on.

And my main issue with other leftists boils down to moral hypocrisy. I think someone should be absolutely consistent with their principals. If it is wrong for right wingers to wish death on or celebrate the deaths of their opponents, the reverse is true, as well.

You may not think those two things are equivalent but you cannot convince me they are not. I know the slippery slope is real because I almost fell down it myself and am worried about other leftists going down the same path.
Last edited by Dragon Ball Fan on Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Also, you guys practically worship Martin Luther King but he took the verse of the Bible about loving your enemy, to heart. You don't have to be religious to hold to that principal. So, any time you say it's okay to punch Neo nazis unprovoked or laugh at Rush Limbaugh's death, you are insulting MLK's memory.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

I also think I am doing this because I feel like I am doing nothing with my life and this is the only way I know how to try and make the world better, my encouraging people to be better. I may also have a savior complex.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Madner Kami wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:05 am There's literally an entire city and surrounding landscape full of characters. Just because you don't see them as potential main cast, doesn't mean they can't be. And that includes characters not seen yet.
at

But we need shows with good cop characters to show kids that not every single cop is a monster and to prevent the spread of irrational hatred of cops, divorced from legitimate grievance, from taking root in the general public.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

And watching a video of how this applies to the treatment of the LGBT community, also applies to police officers. The things I've mentioned are three of the ten stages of genocide.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

No. That comparison is actually insane. "Voluntarily working a specific job" is not an inherent trait. It would be like genociding window washers.

For the love of all the gods, go outside. Join a community group, get to know your neighbors. Volunteer somewhere. Get a job that involves people. Maybe join an in-person d&d game. Something that involves actually interacting with a variety of people in smelling distance.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

hammerofglass wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:41 am No. That comparison is actually insane. "Voluntarily working a specific job" is not an inherent trait. It would be like genociding window washers.

For the love of all the gods, go outside. Join a community group, get to know your neighbors. Volunteer somewhere. Get a job that involves people. Maybe join an in-person d&d game. Something that involves actually interacting with a variety of people in smelling distance.
I've seen cops be dehumanized, discriminated against and read polarizing articles and watched polarizing videos. They also have been categorized as the enemy. Those are all stages of genocide.

I've also seen most of those things happen to Right Wingers, too. not that I'm defending their positions.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Cops. Are. Not. An. Ethnicity. Nobody is born a cop. People are mad about specific things cops actually routinely do to real people.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.