Trump vs Biden^H^H^H^H^H Harris: Kamala Rising

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Re: Trump vs Biden: the return

Post by Thebestoftherest »

I just don't know if our country can survive another take from that fat bastard. (Previous sentence doesn't apply to none Americans.)
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 12:27 am I just don't know if our country can survive another take from that fat bastard. (Previous sentence doesn't apply to none Americans.)
It can and only if, the politicians around him can reign him in. It is to be expected that he will push and pass the rules of the presidency like he did before.

If the people around him don't then it will get worse. Best hope is for the Democrats to regain both houses and at least prevent him from doing the bad things we know he is capable of.
I got nothing to say here.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

The whole point of project 2025 is to make congress irrelevant and allow the god-king to do whatever he pleases with the blessing of his bought-and-paid-for supreme court.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Post by ProfessorDetective »

Nobody700 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:41 pm Honestly to be very mean and cruel, everyone here is right that Biden is just plain OLD...

But Trump's base would still defend him to their dying (literal) breaths, the media would TEAR this person apart, constantly deep throat Trump, and social media would blast the Dem Candidate for sneezing too hard once. Frankly, it just feels like America WANTS Trump to win, and too bad for everyone who'll suffer for this.
A solid QUARTER (remember: only half of the country votes and he hasn't won the popular vote yet, only the EC ONCE) of the country (sadly including most of the multimedia industrial complex and most of the one-percenters) want him to win, because:

He's likes cutting corporate taxes while raising non-corporate taxes.

Really likes cutting consumer and worker rights and welfare.

And LOVES filling the outrage machine up with clickbaiting rocket fuel.

He'll do his song and dance while the corpo-raiders raze this country down to the foundations for the change out of the sofas and the copper out of the walls and will do it for a LOT less then you would hope.

And if that helps homogenize the American people down to only the cishet WASPs just like him, then all the better.

Oh, and the vast majority of his party is on the exact same page.

If another Republican takes the Presidency, we are, almost-certainly, DEAD.
sayla0079
Captain

Post by sayla0079 »

ProfessorDetective wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 4:04 am
Nobody700 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 11:41 pm Honestly to be very mean and cruel, everyone here is right that Biden is just plain OLD...

But Trump's base would still defend him to their dying (literal) breaths, the media would TEAR this person apart, constantly deep throat Trump, and social media would blast the Dem Candidate for sneezing too hard once. Frankly, it just feels like America WANTS Trump to win, and too bad for everyone who'll suffer for this.
A solid QUARTER (remember: only half of the country votes and he hasn't won the popular vote yet, only the EC ONCE) of the country (sadly including most of the multimedia industrial complex and most of the one-percenters) want him to win, because:

He's likes cutting corporate taxes while raising non-corporate taxes.

Really likes cutting consumer and worker rights and welfare.

And LOVES filling the outrage machine up with clickbaiting rocket fuel.

He'll do his song and dance while the corpo-raiders raze this country down to the foundations for the change out of the sofas and the copper out of the walls and will do it for a LOT less then you would hope.

And if that helps homogenize the American people down to only the cishet WASPs just like him, then all the better.

Oh, and the vast majority of his party is on the exact same page.

If another Republican takes the Presidency, we are, almost-certainly, DEAD.
I never thought I would say this but republican wise I miss W Bush. He was an idiot and did stupid things but even he had his limits.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 12:27 am I just don't know if our country can survive another take from that fat bastard. (Previous sentence doesn't apply to none Americans.)
I feel like it's a serious concern for everyone in the world if a fascist movement takes the reigns of a massive nuclear arsenal and the most powerful military in the history of the world.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

I have never been more pissed off at non-voters, ranging from "I'm not political" assholes with no enlightened self-interest to leftists who should know better.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

hammerofglass wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 7:45 am
I feel like it's a serious concern for everyone in the world if a fascist movement takes the reigns of a massive nuclear arsenal and the most powerful military in the history of the world.
The biggest nuclear arsenal in the world's already in the hands of a complete piece of ****.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

You think the rumors that Biden step down would work?
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

I don't give a shit who is the candidate but I want to throttle everyone who is starting a palace coup NOW of all times.