Democratic Primary News Thread

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Democratic Primary News Thread

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

So apparently people not liking Biden.

Keeping this news centric with posted articles sounds like a good idea. Both for appropriation in the news forum and also to keep objective accounts to reflect on and not make too broad of assertions out of left field all the time.
Last edited by BridgeConsoleMasher on Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Power laces... alright.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Re: Democratic Primary News Thread

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Yeah I'm not a big fan myself.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

I don't doubt he's a good moderate, but I think Dems need somebody a bit more left. Not radical left, but... Clinton was center left, and lost. This won't work. At all.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

The democratic party needs to stop trying to win over suburbanites who vote Republican every year and start going after the people so disillusioned they vote third party or not at all.

Plus Biden's got way too much baggage to really make it.

Right now though I have difficulty picking anyone out of the sea of candidates. My strongest impulse is to vote for Kamala Harris and that's just because years of reading Ms Marvel has given me an instinctive trust of people named "Kamala".
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

I do think the center is good for compromise in politics that gets things done. I do think, however, that stuff doesn't fly in the primaries. So on the scale of left of center, I think rather than 10%, they need... 20 or 30%. Maybe 40%. Not hardcore left, but not exactly center, yet not left enough to scare away the bulk of general election voters, who aren't even paying attention yet. Only the political junkies are.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

News article pertaining to particular candidate platform updates etc. are encouraged.
Power laces... alright.
Robovski
Captain

Post by Robovski »

Biden is a speech stealing fuckwit and emblematic of more of the same. No thanks.
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:23 am So apparently people not liking Biden.

Keeping this news centric with posted articles sounds like a good idea. Both for appropriation in the news forum and also to keep objective accounts to reflect on and not make too broad of assertions out of left field all the time.

2 Fratboys against an andiministration that wants to cancell the wet t-shirt contest
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

:lol:
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

I don't get it.

What administration? And what wet shirt contest?
Power laces... alright.