Neo-Nazi tried to blow up hospital of corona virus patients

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Neo-Nazi tried to blow up hospital of corona virus patients

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

https://time.com/5810734/fbi-terrorist-bomb-coronavirus-hospital/

I've barely heard anything about this. Maybe I'm following the wrong news sources? Did you guys know about this?
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Jonathan101
Captain

Re: Neo-Nazi tried to blow up hospital of corona virus patients

Post by Jonathan101 »

Meh. Stuff like this happens a LOT more often than you think (whether its' Neo-Nazi's or some other kind of terrorist nutjob), and you don't hear about it because the plan was foiled before it got off the planning stage. Most people have forgotten- or never even knew- that such a plot is why you can't brings your own food and drink onto airplanes anymore, because the plan was foiled before it ever happened.

So the reason we haven't heard anything is because nobody thinks its' big news unless there are bodies.

Fortunately, most terrorists make the very stupid mistake of going onto the internet and chatting with other extremists, sometimes even about talking about their plans, without it ever clicking that every major law enforcement agency on the planet monitors Every. Single. One. Of. Them.

Evil gloating is a real condition.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

So "You sly dog, you caught me monologuing" is Truth in Television?
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Jonathan101
Captain

Post by Jonathan101 »

Kind of, although its' more like "I'm thinking of blowing up a hospital- any tips?", or "I f*cking hate Muslims / non-Muslims / Jews / Whites/ Blacks etc and I want to kill a whole bunch of them!"
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

Jonathan101 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:57 am Kind of, although its' more like "I'm thinking of blowing up a hospital- any tips?", or "I f*cking hate Muslims / non-Muslims / Jews / Whites/ Blacks etc and I want to kill a whole bunch of them!"
Great, now they'll be closely monitoring this place too :)
Jonathan101
Captain

Post by Jonathan101 »

Riedquat wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:22 pm
Jonathan101 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:57 am Kind of, although its' more like "I'm thinking of blowing up a hospital- any tips?", or "I f*cking hate Muslims / non-Muslims / Jews / Whites/ Blacks etc and I want to kill a whole bunch of them!"
Great, now they'll be closely monitoring this place too :)
Good. Lot of dodgy people on here -_-
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Dickheads don't go away just because the country is in need. In fact, that is often when they are at their most dangerous as the government is suddenly concerned with other things besides you.
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

Is anyone really surprised? Other than growd that thinks that white people can't be terrorists and that only muslims can be terrorits. US has had cases on domestic terrorism before mostly by religions anti-abortion nut cases that kill abortion doctors and burn or bomb plan parenthood's clinics.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Post by ProfessorDetective »

So, did this madperson have a motive past 'watching the world burn'? Did he think the virus was nature cleansing of the 'evils' of the world, or something (and seriously, has anyone else seen a few parallels to the AIDS Crisis in this whole mess, especially in the government's near-nonexistent response to it)?
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

ProfessorDetective wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:30 pm So, did this madperson have a motive past 'watching the world burn'? Did he think the virus was nature cleansing of the 'evils' of the world, or something (and seriously, has anyone else seen a few parallels to the AIDS Crisis in this whole mess, especially in the government's near-nonexistent response to it)?
He was an Accelerationist, which is a nice word for people who want to carry out terrorist attacks in order to make sure the collapse of human civilization goes faster so that we can get to Mad Max territory and the white race can rise blah blah blah with people like him as warlords.

And yes, these people are a real thing.