Involuntary Sacrifice

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Involuntary Sacrifice

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/tanyachen/kaiser-permanente-lupus-chloroquine

TL;DR Kaiser Permanente shut off this woman's medication that she actually needs to treat Lupus, because some fools think it treats Covid19, and thanked her for her "sacrifice".
The eugenics movement is already underway.

Kaiser Permanente released this statement: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ3kC23GYMQ&list=PLB1xCzX416Dob2rJCSwumE_wJ5wQKEMGP&index=5&t=0s
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Mecha82
Captain

Re: Involuntary Sacrifice

Post by Mecha82 »

All I can say to this is that that is messed up and even then it's not enough to describe that sittuation.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

What does eugenics have to do with anything? The letter itself indicates that she's not near critical state.
..What mirror universe?
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

More to the story from someone other than buzzfeed:

https://www.kqed.org/science/1960404/at-kaiser-trumps-pharmaceutical-advice-creates-chaos-for-lupus-patients
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

More aptly put, someone that affirms the buzzfeed article specifically.
..What mirror universe?
King Green
Officer

Post by King Green »

Maybe the bastards were greedy and tricked the old gal into that she was in critical state. Can we please have these psycos sent to the American-equivalent of a Gulagg?!
Do not pity a Slave for the Slave-Lord, but hear the power of what Chaos can be.
All Beings bow before the children of he who bound their flesh by their words.
Fall and wail, all flesh, bone, soul,& power is a servant to Yun-man, the First Slave-Lord.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Slash Gallagher?
..What mirror universe?
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:04 pm What does eugenics have to do with anything? The letter itself indicates that she's not near critical state.
The gentle killing off of the disabled, the infirm, and other "weaker" members of the species to ensure the strong have more resources is Eugenics 101.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:22 am
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:04 pm What does eugenics have to do with anything? The letter itself indicates that she's not near critical state.
The gentle killing off of the disabled, the infirm, and other "weaker" members of the species to ensure the strong have more resources is Eugenics 101.
Killing me softly with his song, killing me softly,,,,,, with his words.

They definitely should get some flack for this but they would never sacrifice this person by any means. I personally doubt any decision was made to offset her personal condition up to this point.
..What mirror universe?
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

hey would never sacrifice this person by any means
Said of the people who LITERALLY THANKED HER FOR HER SACRIFICE.