Damnit Joaquin... [facepalm]

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
PapaPalpatine
Officer

Damnit Joaquin... [facepalm]

Post by PapaPalpatine »

Okay, it would be one thing to ask for the low-risk, nonviolent offenders to be released, but the entire prison population? Including the psychokillers? Not only is that a no on that, that's a HELL NO on that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB0jOZ-r44E
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Re: Damnit Joaquin... [facepalm]

Post by Darth Wedgius »

I think that unless he wants the jails kept populated while the prisons are emptied, there'd be no arresting people for more than a couple hours either. Maybe that town that used The Purge siren was just a little early?

Some people just want to watch the world burn?
Mabus
Captain

Post by Mabus »

So is this supposed to be some stunt for the next Joker film?
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

As a joke I find it very distasteful of him. The impact of Covid 19 is real and he should take this more seriously.

First Leto, now this.
..What mirror universe?
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

PapaPalpatine wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:12 pm Okay, it would be one thing to ask for the low-risk, nonviolent offenders to be released, but the entire prison population? Including the psychokillers? Not only is that a no on that, that's a HELL NO on that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB0jOZ-r44E
Is your source really that nutty? I don't really want to bother wasting my time with watching that whole video if that is what this guy has to say, because that has nothing to do with what Joaquin Phoenix had to say on that matter.

As for the rest of you: Mind your sources!
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

I would understand if it was about releasing nonviolent offenders that US prison system is full of thanks to harsh drug laws but everyone? That seems like really bad idea on so many levels.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
J!!
Captain

Post by J!! »

He's an actor, not a politician. Why does anyone care what he thinks about this?
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

He might be just actor but latest movie that he was in has fanatical fanbase that might be stupid enough to take his stance. Because society and all that.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

J!! wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:30 pm He's an actor, not a politician. Why does anyone care what he thinks about this?
I got nothing.
..What mirror universe?
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Post by ProfessorDetective »

Mecha82 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:26 pm I would understand if it was about releasing nonviolent offenders that US prison system is full of thanks to harsh drug laws but everyone? That seems like really bad idea on so many levels.
I mean, yeah, if it's just the college kids caught with dime bags of pot or who decided to try some beer a few months too early, let them go. But anything worse? Hell, naw.