'Texans can carry handguns without a license or training starting Sept. 1'

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
ProfessorDetective
Captain

'Texans can carry handguns without a license or training starting Sept. 1'

Post by ProfessorDetective »

https://twitter.com/i/events/1405265934663798788

Anyone here who may be in Texas... Should maybe get out of Texas...
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Re: 'Texans can carry handguns without a license or training starting Sept. 1'

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

what a great way to celebrate their most recent mass shooting! /s
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
phantom000
Captain

Post by phantom000 »

ProfessorDetective wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:26 am https://twitter.com/i/events/1405265934663798788

Yeah, I support the 2nd amendment, but I believe that the right to 'bear arms' and the right 'carry arms' are two different things. So if a state says you can carry around a loaded gun no questions asked, I get a little nervous.

(This coming from someone who has 2 shot guns and a rifle right next to me as i am typing this)
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

phantom000 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:34 am
ProfessorDetective wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:26 am https://twitter.com/i/events/1405265934663798788

Yeah, I support the 2nd amendment, but I believe that the right to 'bear arms' and the right 'carry arms' are two different things. So if a state says you can carry around a loaded gun no questions asked, I get a little nervous.

(This coming from someone who has 2 shot guns and a rifle right next to me as i am typing this)
I own guns. I am a veteran too. But I do believe in background checks and everything that needs to be done to make sure a gun is not in the wrong hands. I support the 2nd Ammendment. Despite what the right might think, I can say so does the left too for the most part.
I got nothing to say here.
King Green
Officer

Post by King Green »

Who's going to care about gun rights and warrants went either literally half the population is a mad-max parody or a sixth of overall kids are dead by some troll from his own ironic comments! Just strip Texas of its mining rights or assassinate Texas council. As Geralt of Rivia said "But if I'm to choose between one evil over another, then I prefer to choose not at all." - The Last Wish, the 2019 show has it better but can't watch past S1 garbage...quite literally with those Nillfguard suits!
Do not pity a Slave for the Slave-Lord, but hear the power of what Chaos can be.
All Beings bow before the children of he who bound their flesh by their words.
Fall and wail, all flesh, bone, soul,& power is a servant to Yun-man, the First Slave-Lord.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

I got about two thirds of that, I think, which is more than usual.
sayla0079
Captain

Post by sayla0079 »

McAvoy wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:03 am
phantom000 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:34 am

I own guns. I am a veteran too. But I do believe in background checks and everything that needs to be done to make sure a gun is not in the wrong hands. I support the 2nd Ammendment. Despite what the right might think, I can say so does the left too for the most part.
Same here and while I myself have never shot a gun I know people that have been trained to (family members that are former military or police officers.)
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Things that privileges, not rights, in Texas: consistent power even if you pay for it, heat, air conditioning during heatwaves even if you already paid for it
Things that are rights in Texas: the gun you need to rob people so you can afford to pay your power bill and still freeze or cook to death
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:02 am Things that privileges, not rights, in Texas: consistent power even if you pay for it, heat, air conditioning during heatwaves even if you already paid for it
Things that are rights in Texas: the gun you need to rob people so you can afford to pay your power bill and still freeze or cook to death
What do you expect? There is a reason why people joke that you get a free gun every time you fill up at a gas station. They really love their guns.
I got nothing to say here.
King Green
Officer

Post by King Green »

Is it possible Texas accidentally saw their Fallout-version of themselves and are tricking themselves to progress the Resource Wars? New Vegas did had a fun mod where you were a post-apocalypse Texan, but the mod is so out of date it hurts to aim and shoot.
Do not pity a Slave for the Slave-Lord, but hear the power of what Chaos can be.
All Beings bow before the children of he who bound their flesh by their words.
Fall and wail, all flesh, bone, soul,& power is a servant to Yun-man, the First Slave-Lord.