Bounty Hunters for Abortions

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Bounty Hunters for Abortions

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Texas has been chipping away at abortion rights for a long time, but the whole "we will pay people cash money to snitch on their neighbors" thing is new. What's also new is the Supreme court going "I guess we can't do anything about this, oh well uwu". https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/02/politics ... index.html

Time travel back to the era of sharpened coat hangers, boiling water, and belly-flops off the garage roof. .-.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
clearspira
Overlord

Re: Bounty Hunters for Abortions

Post by clearspira »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:41 am Texas has been chipping away at abortion rights for a long time, but the whole "we will pay people cash money to snitch on their neighbors" thing is new. What's also new is the Supreme court going "I guess we can't do anything about this, oh well uwu". https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/02/politics ... index.html

Time travel back to the era of sharpened coat hangers, boiling water, and belly-flops off the garage roof. .-.
I'm pro-abortion because rape. For every other scenario, if you are mature enough to be having sex, then you are mature enough for me to have absolutely no sympathy for you at all if you do not wear a condom. Personal responsibility seems to be a dirty phrase nowadays.
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

So I guess if you move to Texas you're gonna take the $1,000 bribe to rat out your neighbors then?
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

clearspira wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:59 am
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:41 am Texas has been chipping away at abortion rights for a long time, but the whole "we will pay people cash money to snitch on their neighbors" thing is new. What's also new is the Supreme court going "I guess we can't do anything about this, oh well uwu". https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/02/politics ... index.html

I'm pro-abortion because rape. For every other scenario, if you are mature enough to be having sex, then you are mature enough for me to have absolutely no sympathy for you at all if you do not wear a condom. Personal responsibility seems to be a dirty phrase nowadays.
You do realize that no contraceptive, not even vasectomies and abstinence, is 100% reliable? Also, what about cases where the pregnancy is a danger to the mother? Or what about cases where carrying out the child will lead to the child being abandoned, because the parents can't or don't want to care for it?
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
sayla0079
Captain

Post by sayla0079 »

While I don't agree with abortion I believe in a woman's right to choose and that should only be between the woman, the doctor, and if possible the husband/boyfriend. The government should have stayed out of it after Roe V Wade was passsed.
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Post by ProfessorDetective »

I'm of the 'your body, your choice' school, but also the 'heavily encourage and provide access to and education on PREVENTIVE contraceptives wherever possible' school.

But that would both cost money and lead to MORE safe, recreational, intercourse, which these scumbags do NOT want... OTHER people having...
sayla0079
Captain

Post by sayla0079 »

ProfessorDetective wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:42 am I'm of the 'your body, your choice' school, but also the 'heavily encourage and provide access to and education on PREVENTIVE contraceptives wherever possible' school.

But that would both cost money and lead to MORE safe, recreational, intercourse, which these scumbags do NOT want... OTHER people having...
same
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Wow never knew all that.
Power laces... alright.
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Post by ProfessorDetective »

Apparently Florida is joining in... I can't get moved past the Rockies fast enough...
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

So apparently they set up anonymous tip line. https://prolifewhistleblower.com/ Hmm...