Biden task force has reunited 52 families separated under Trump

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Biden task force has reunited 52 families separated under Trump

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Biden task force has reunited 52 families separated under Trump: report – The Biden administration’s Family Reunification Task Force has reportedly reunited 52 families that were separated under Trump, up from just seven families in June

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... nder-trump

This is out of 1,500 or more.

I am...underwhelmed.
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Re: Biden task force has reunited 52 families separated under Trump

Post by ProfessorDetective »

Progress is progress... But let's hope they pick up the pace.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Gee, if only they had stayed in their own country instead of fleeing... the 11th richest country in the world. Then maybe they would still be together.
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

clearspira wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:56 pm Gee, if only they had stayed in their own country instead of fleeing... the 11th richest country in the world. Then maybe they would still be together.
Most of these people are fleeing El Salvador, Honduras and Guatemala, which are 112th, 114th and 77th respectively.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

clearspira wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:56 pm Gee, if only they had stayed in their own country instead of fleeing... the 11th richest country in the world. Then maybe they would still be together.
I'm imagining someone in the 1930s making this argument for refugees. Its not a good look.

Also....crazy fact.

Why is it a bad thing if someone wants to move to a place to improve their lives? You're acting like wanting to live in the US is a bad thing.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Which country are you referring to?
Power laces... alright.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:05 am
Mexico probably
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Spam-desu
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

TGLS wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:20 am
Mexico probably
Well yeah I'm sure there was actually a place he was referring to. I'm still not certain what he means by 11th richest country... Or at least what that has to do with anything.
Power laces... alright.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:25 am
Mexico probably
Well yeah I'm sure there was actually a place he was referring to. I'm still not certain what he means by 11th richest country... Or at least what that has to do with anything.
Mexico has about the 11th highest GDP of all the countries. This is kind of irrelevant because:
1) The per capita amount is the important part
2) The refugees are coming from poorer Central American countries
Spam-desu
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

TGLS wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:03 am
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:25 am
Mexico probably
Mexico has about the 11th highest GDP of all the countries. This is kind of irrelevant because:
1) The per capita amount is the important part
2) The refugees are coming from poorer Central American countries
Even then, leaving Mexico to find jobs in the US? Oh no!
I got nothing to say here.