Police prepared for January 6th attack-- they prepared for Anti-Trump protestors

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Police prepared for January 6th attack-- they prepared for Anti-Trump protestors

Post by CharlesPhipps »

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/10/2 ... ots-517478

Interesting new documentation.

The mindset of the police on January 5th shows a huge blind spot to Right Wing terrorism. I'd like to think it was a wakeup call but I'm not convinced that it was the lesson that they managed to take from the experience.
Draco Dracul
Captain

Re: Police prepared for January 6th attack-- they prepared for Anti-Trump protestors

Post by Draco Dracul »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:38 pm https://www.politico.com/news/2021/10/2 ... ots-517478

The mindset of the police on January 5th shows a huge blind spot to Right Wing terrorism. I'd like to think it was a wakeup call but I'm not convinced that it was the lesson that they managed to take from the experience.
They don't have a blindspot so much as they are actively in favor of right wing terrorists because right wing terrorists and the police ultimately serve the same cause.
McAvoy
Captain

Re: Police prepared for January 6th attack-- they prepared for Anti-Trump protestors

Post by McAvoy »

Draco Dracul wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:38 am
CharlesPhipps wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:38 pm https://www.politico.com/news/2021/10/2 ... ots-517478

They don't have a blindspot so much as they are actively in favor of right wing terrorists because right wing terrorists and the police ultimately serve the same cause.
What cause is that?
I got nothing to say here.
Draco Dracul
Captain

Post by Draco Dracul »

McAvoy wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:20 am
Draco Dracul wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:38 am

What cause is that?
Maintaining a rigid social hierarchy.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Also there's like...a pretty big overlap in the "Police" and "Right Wing Terrorist" venn diagram, to the extent that police unions actively refuse to investigate white supremacy within their ranks.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

The irony being January 6th was the biggest net gain for the police's reputation they could have got because the police did prevent a massacre and suffered casualties in the process of doing so.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:43 am Also there's like...a pretty big overlap in the "Police" and "Right Wing Terrorist" venn diagram, to the extent that police unions actively refuse to investigate white supremacy within their ranks.
One thing I have wondered about for the years about cops and 'social heirarchy' is the location of the cops and where the cops themselves came from.
I got nothing to say here.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:58 pm The irony being January 6th was the biggest net gain for the police's reputation they could have got because the police did prevent a massacre and suffered casualties in the process of doing so.
Still continuing with this idea that there would have been a massacre huh? I guess you have to. Trump hasn't said he won't run in 2024 yet ;)
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

What do you get out of pretending the armed mob with intent to kill wasn't an armed mob with intent to kill? It's not like they can do anything to help Boris Johnson.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

clearspira wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:06 am
Still continuing with this idea that there would have been a massacre huh? I guess you have to. Trump hasn't said he won't run in 2024 yet ;)
The dead cops and chasing down politicians in a riot kind of point to it.

What did you THINK would happen if a mob storms a place?