Yada Yada Yada

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Yada Yada Yada

Post by Dragon Ball Fan »

hammerofglass wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 11:32 pm
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 11:06 pm
hammerofglass wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 10:45 pm
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 8:26 pm
He had a military grade weapon and they could have not known where exactly the shooter is, making it easy for the shooter to kill every one of them before they can even try to stop him. And I am not talking about this particular incident, I am asking why people think this is the objectively wrong thing to do in all situations.
More recent shooting, same style of rifle, killed by random citizen with a pistol:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61615236

AR-15 style rifles are the most common gun in the country. They're easy to make and all the patents ran out in the 70's so every manufacturer makes them. It's a varmint gun, that's it. Almost everyone who has more than one gun owns one. In the kind of ranges we're talking about the pistols the police were carrying are just as deadly.

The why is too much for a brief post, here's an IACP policy paper going over the standard active shooter response and the reasons for it: https://www.theiacp.org/resources/polic ... ve-shooter
Can you bottom line it for me? I don't see how Leroy Jenkinsing in with no thought of what the consequences for the people you are trying to save, would help.
They don't Leroy Jenkins it. They go in methodically and carefully while actively assessing the situation, but they keep the pressure on. Resolve the situation as quickly as possible so more victims get immediate medical attention in time and fewer get killed.

It's only twenty pages and the people who wrote it know a hell of a lot more about the topic than I do, I highly recommend actually reading it over taking my word for it (rainbow butterfly). There are stats and examples and everything.
Okay but there is still the issue of almost the entirety of the left turning their reasonable distrust of police as an institution into an actual prejudice against police officers as people, parents are teaching their kids to hate and fear cops no matter what and this prejudice won't stop when policing is reformed.
hammerofglass
Captain

Re: Yet Another School Shooting in America

Post by hammerofglass »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 11:51 pm
hammerofglass wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 11:32 pm
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 11:06 pm
hammerofglass wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 10:45 pm
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 8:26 pm
He had a military grade weapon and they could have not known where exactly the shooter is, making it easy for the shooter to kill every one of them before they can even try to stop him. And I am not talking about this particular incident, I am asking why people think this is the objectively wrong thing to do in all situations.
More recent shooting, same style of rifle, killed by random citizen with a pistol:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61615236

AR-15 style rifles are the most common gun in the country. They're easy to make and all the patents ran out in the 70's so every manufacturer makes them. It's a varmint gun, that's it. Almost everyone who has more than one gun owns one. In the kind of ranges we're talking about the pistols the police were carrying are just as deadly.

The why is too much for a brief post, here's an IACP policy paper going over the standard active shooter response and the reasons for it: https://www.theiacp.org/resources/polic ... ve-shooter
Can you bottom line it for me? I don't see how Leroy Jenkinsing in with no thought of what the consequences for the people you are trying to save, would help.
They don't Leroy Jenkins it. They go in methodically and carefully while actively assessing the situation, but they keep the pressure on. Resolve the situation as quickly as possible so more victims get immediate medical attention in time and fewer get killed.

It's only twenty pages and the people who wrote it know a hell of a lot more about the topic than I do, I highly recommend actually reading it over taking my word for it (rainbow butterfly). There are stats and examples and everything.
Okay but there is still the issue of almost the entirety of the left turning their reasonable distrust of police as an institution into an actual prejudice against police officers as people, parents are teaching their kids to hate and fear cops no matter what and this prejudice won't stop when policing is reformed.
That seems like it should be it's own thread honestly, getting off to a completely different topic.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

He had that thread and it kept turning in circles. Now he's jonesing for his fix in every other topic that is vaguely related to his chosen pet-peeve. I suggest not falling for that trap and instead staying on topic.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Madner Kami wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 1:45 am He had that thread and it kept turning in circles. Now he's jonesing for his fix in every other topic that is vaguely related to his chosen pet-peeve. I suggest not falling for that trap and instead staying on topic.
Not gonna do that to this thread but don't have any other place to discuss it, so, looks like I'll have to let it eat at me.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 2:49 am
Madner Kami wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 1:45 am He had that thread and it kept turning in circles. Now he's jonesing for his fix in every other topic that is vaguely related to his chosen pet-peeve. I suggest not falling for that trap and instead staying on topic.
Not gonna do that to this thread but don't have any other place to discuss it, so, looks like I'll have to let it eat at me.
Because it was removed. 400 pages.

Just say on topic.
I got nothing to say here.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

McAvoy wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 3:34 am

Just say on topic.
I will if I find a relevant place to talk about my issues.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 3:42 am
McAvoy wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 3:34 am

Just say on topic.
I will if I find a relevant place to talk about my issues.
Here you go. They created one just for you.

Get the hint. Too many people on this forum is getting tired of your broken record posts. You don't listen, you keep saying the same things, you keep doing the same thing over and over again.

400 pages and you still don't understand a damned thing. Just drop it and move on.

You are damned lucky the mods here are patient with you compared to other forums. Other ones would have eventually banned you.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Re: Yada Yada Yada

Well, just give me a straight answer to my concerns and this will be over.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 3:51 am Well, just give me a straight answer to my concerns and this will be over.
WE ALREADY DID! YOU HAVE BEEN ASNWERED. YOU JUST DON'T LISTEN!

400 pages dude. 4,000+posts. 3.5% of the total posts in forum dedicated to you.

Just drop it. 3.5% total of post dedicated to answering your questions that you don't listen to.

Enough is enough.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Again, We need to discuss the prejudice against the police. It was reasonable disgust and mistrust but now, people just WANT to hate cops and they don't care if they clean up their act.