Anson Mount is a genocide apologist

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Anson Mount is a genocide apologist

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

https://twitter.com/ansonmount/status/1 ... 7376757236
And to bandy about the term “genocide” is both ignorant and, in this context, deeply dismissive of the state of Israel and its right to exist. So here we are.
He seems to have become one of the main characters of twitter. He's doubling down and blocking anyone who disagrees with him.

Honestly it makes me even more uncomfortable thinking about the direction they took with the Gorn in Strange New Worlds.

At least Tawny Newsome hasn't let me down. =/
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
sayla0079
Captain

Re: Anson Mount is a genocide apologist

Post by sayla0079 »

Okay before we write Anson off two things to consider. 1. Is this his official account and not someone else using the same name that has happened on Twitter before? and 2. Was the account hacked?
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

Oh no! He agrees with about a third of the country.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

TGLS wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 2:03 pm Oh no! He agrees with about a third of the country.
A third seems low. "Palestine and Palestinians have a right to exist" and "mass murder of civilians is bad even when we or our allies do it" are both fringe positions IRL.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

hammerofglass wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 2:19 pm
TGLS wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 2:03 pm Oh no! He agrees with about a third of the country.
A third seems low. "Palestine and Palestinians have a right to exist" and "mass murder of civilians is bad even when we or our allies do it" are both fringe positions IRL.
I was looking at https://news.gallup.com/poll/642695/maj ... -gaza.aspx
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu