Louisiana's new governor holds water-infrastucture funds hostage

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Louisiana's new governor holds water-infrastucture funds hostage

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

https://www.essence.com/news/louisiana- ... ve-rights/

THe title is a mouthful but it's even worse than it sounds. I hope this man gets sepsis and dies from it before he can take office.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
McAvoy
Captain

Re: Louisiana's new governor holds water-infrastucture funds hostage

Post by McAvoy »

I hope he loses big time and then dragged through the streets by his toes.

Clean water is a basic need of life. Look if you oppose abortion (which I don't to make that clear) then you should say I will block funding for let's say funding for feminine checkups for the poor. I am just saying if I were a politician that opposes abortion and want women who have abortions prosecuted that is what I would do.

But if I were a politician I would support abortion and funding for Planned Parenthood. But also as a man, I would also woukd support the same for free vasectomies too.

Don't mess with the water.
I got nothing to say here.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

McAvoy wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 6:09 am I hope he loses big time and then dragged through the streets by his toes.

Clean water is a basic need of life. Look if you oppose abortion (which I don't to make that clear) then you should say I will block funding for let's say funding for feminine checkups for the poor. I am just saying if I were a politician that opposes abortion and want women who have abortions prosecuted that is what I would do.

But if I were a politician I would support abortion and funding for Planned Parenthood. But also as a man, I would also woukd support the same for free vasectomies too.

Planned Parenthood actually does vasectomies now. Not every location, though.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

hammerofglass wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 3:47 pm
McAvoy wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 6:09 am I hope he loses big time and then dragged through the streets by his toes.

Planned Parenthood actually does vasectomies now. Not every location, though.
I honestly didn't know that.
I got nothing to say here.
pilight
Officer

Post by pilight »

They care more about their personal agenda than the welfare of their constituents
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

No shit.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville