Mysterious Death of Edward Crawford

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Mysterious Death of Edward Crawford

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Edward Crawford, the iconic Ferguson protester who threw a tear gas canister away from children, is dead. It has been ruled a suicide. Many other notable Ferguson protesters have turned up dead under mysterious circumstances.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fe ... ad-n755401
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Robovski
Captain

Re: Mysterious Death of Edward Crawford

Post by Robovski »

Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

...so you don't think it seems strange? The number of black people who died from unnatural causes shortly after protesting police violence against black people, in a protest that was met with massive police violence?
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote:...so you don't think it seems strange? The number of black people who died from unnatural causes shortly after protesting police violence against black people, in a protest that was met with massive police violence?
Do you think this means they somehow pissed off the Clintons? :shock:
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Beg pardon?
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote:Beg pardon?
There have been allegations on the fringe-right that enemies and associates of the Clintons have a habit of ending up dead. Not that I'm serious about Edward Crawford being silenced by Bill or Hillary, but pointing out that talk of mysterious deaths have been haunting both sides of the aisle for decades.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Thank you for the clarification.
Does that mean, though, that you don't think these deaths are mysterious?
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

It could be a conspiracy. It could also be that this guy did commit suicide and the others were the victims of separate, unrelated murders. Not to say it should be brushed off as such, but there's not enough there to go jumping to conclusions either. The Clinton thing that was brought up earlier comes to mind, especially as several of the people involved in the Podesta email leak have ended up dead, too, and that seems a little more threatening to those in power than the BLM protests. Then again there was an admitted FBI plot in motion to blackmail MLK, Jr. over his part in the civil rights movement, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Well, Edward Crawford stands out because, prior to his alleged suicide, he had a long trail of being stalked and harassed by local police.
Robovski
Captain

Post by Robovski »

People kill themselves every day, in all walks of life, especially men. No, I don't think it's a conspiracy, I think it's part of an ongoing tragedy. The human brain sees patterns in everything and scared people like to put a reason behind tragedy, and a conspiracy is far more juicy than a man who felt he was better off dead killing himself.