Wisconsin Law Allows Toddlers to Hunt with Guns

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Wisconsin Law Allows Toddlers to Hunt with Guns

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Admiral X
Captain

Re: Wisconsin Law Allows Toddlers to Hunt with Guns

Post by Admiral X »

The misleading title is in reference to a hyperbolic statement a Democrat made, while claiming it wasn't hyperbolic:
"To allow ... a toddler, a 2-year-old (to carry a gun), and I'm not being hyperbolic because someone will allow it, is dangerous," said Democratic Rep. Katrina Shankland of the NRA-supported legislation.
The actual thing that happened is that the previous age restrictions have been thrown out the window in favor of allowing families to choose when their child is exposed to firearms and hunting.

youtu.be/VKcAYMb5uk4

Now I'm all about giving people as much freedom and choice in how they run their lives as possible. My main disagreement is that I feel anyone who wishes to go hunting should take and pass a hunter's safety course. Kind of like while I like the idea of Constitutional Carry, I really do feel that states should only go as far as being "Shall Issue" and that anyone wishing to conceal carry should be made to take the course and pass the requirements and get a permit to do so.
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
Wild_Kraken
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Wild_Kraken »

Toddlers need to be experienced with guns so that they can overthrow the government should it every turn tyrannical.
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

:lol: You guys really are your own worst enemy.
-TR
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

Wild_Kraken wrote:Toddlers need to be experienced with guns so that they can overthrow the government should it ever turn tyrannical.
Wasn't that an episode of South Park?
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

Wild_Kraken wrote:Toddlers need to be experienced with guns so that they can overthrow the government should it every turn tyrannical.
Robovski
Captain

Post by Robovski »

Reminder: For centuries American children have wielded firearms. You just think of it as weird due to the urbanization of our society.
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

:lol: Okay, even I have to laugh at that exaggeration, too. The centuries part, mind. Not much of an argument against a bunch that's convinced the Second Amendment should stay frozen in the 18th century in terms of arms, or just otherwise couldn't care less about history if it doesn't fit their ideological outlook.
-TR
excalibur
Officer

Post by excalibur »

Not a new concept
"Adapt, Overcome & Improvise"

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

...I have no words.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville