Trump Tax Passes Senate

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Trump Tax Passes Senate

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Here's the big tax cut bill

https://www.metro.us/news/reuters/senat ... tory-trump

I honestly don't know where to start. I guess calling my Republican senator every weekday during office hours wasn't enough.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Madner Kami
Captain

Re: Trump Tax Passes Senate

Post by Madner Kami »

A country that allows this, is a country that has given up on democracy and a society of equals.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Yeah. I noticed that thing. ._.

This is...well, it's a real rat's king of GOP skulduggery.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
PlasmaHam
Redshirt

Post by PlasmaHam »

:D Good to see us finally switching to a tax system that doesn't deride success and hinder business growth. The bill ain't perfect of course, but is an improvement. My biggest issue is that the GOP have yet to indicate how they are really going to pay this off in terms of the deficit. As someone who is conservative both fiscally and socially, it would be heavily disappointed if the Republicans fail to address this in the budget.

Idk what people are saying about Dems being pushed out of the loop on this tax bill. It should be well known knowledge by now that the Democratic Senators and Reps were never going to vote for a bill that would further Trump's agenda. And there was clearly not going to be any compromise or bipartisanship on this tax bill. The Dems are an obstructionist party now, their only goal is to stop anything Trump or the GOP wants, and that they are doing quite well.
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

Madner Kami wrote:A country that allows this, is a country that has given up on democracy and a society of equals.
Did he vote against it? I mean, I would have for something like that, even if it was a bill I theoretically would have been in favor of.
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

While I can see reason for some of the cuts, I would have greatly preferred to tighten up the deficit.
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

Madner Kami wrote:A country that allows this, is a country that has given up on democracy and a society of equals.
We are not equals , we never were. We should be equals in front of the law. What makes you think people are equals? We do not have the same abilities.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Admiral X wrote:
Did he vote against it? I mean, I would have for something like that, even if it was a bill I theoretically would have been in favor of.
As a Democratic Senator, I have to assume he did. As far as I am aware, only one republican senator, Bob Corker, voted against it. It's a shame that these people aren't following your standards in that regard. On the other hand, you have a Democratic Party that did little to nothing during the Obama-administration, to undermine bullshit like Gerrymandering and this. Why the US-voters do not decide to just not vote for either party anymore, is beyond me (not that the voters in my country were any better).
Agent Vinod wrote:
We are not equals , we never were. We should be equals in front of the law. What makes you think people are equals? We do not have the same abilities.
I can only assume that you are either intentionally trolling or really are that dense. In either case, me answering your posed question, isn't going to help anyone and will only waste my time and as such, I'll ignore you.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
PerrySimm
Captain

Post by PerrySimm »

I really don't see what's been done as much of a reform. It's just needlessly complicated in entirely new ways.
UGxlYXNlIHByb3ZpZGUgeW91ciBjaGFsbGVuZ2UgcmVzcG9uc2UgZm9yIFJFRCA5NC4K
ORCACommander
Officer

Post by ORCACommander »

I'm sorry but taxing business is the most efficient method of revenue generation. what is sick though is that on top of those taxes their are personal income taxes, which always struck me as double dipping.

Honestly I have no solution to the problem of people acquiring wealth and hoarding it for generations