Should a Dragon Age: Origins Have a Different Art Style from the Original Game?

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
Winter
Captain

Should a Dragon Age: Origins Have a Different Art Style from the Original Game?

Post by Winter »

In terms of art style DAO is the odd one out in the Dragon Age Series. Starting with Dragon Age 2 th series picked up it's own style which I refer to as Heavy-Metal Meets Lord of the Rings and this style has more or less remained as part of the series moving forward as in both Dragon Age: Inquisition and everything we've seen for Dragon Age 4 with that game's trailers and concept art is the same overall style introduced in DAO.

So, if/when Dragon Age gets a remaster edition like Mass Effect should the art style change to match the series?

I doubt that will happen as it would annoy the fans of the original who this game is being made for but I would honestly be okay with a style change. At the very least I would like there to be more colors beside various shades of Brown.

Another style choice established in DA2 but one that sadly didn't make its way over to DAI is the look of the Elves and Qunari. In DAO Sten and Zevran despite being a Qunari and Elf respectfully still look very human. Oh sure Sten is tall and Zev has pointy ears but that's it. In DA2 if you were to put a elf and human tell that you were looking at two different species as elves in DA2 are MUCH slimmer then humans, have big anime eyes and their hands are larger then a humans. And with the Qunari, ignoring their height and horns, they also have a number of notable difference with humans. Their skin is grey, their facial structure is more ridged and have black eyes.

While the comics have kept these looks DAI didn't and based on the concept art DA4 might not have these unique designs either.

Back over to DAO when a Remaster is made changes are going to be made no matter what so should their be an artistic change to make it line up more with the rest of the series?
Beelzquill
Officer

Re: Should a Dragon Age: Origins Have a Different Art Style from the Original Game?

Post by Beelzquill »

uh sure, but I hope they go with Inquisition's elves over DA2's elves. Poor Zevran, that art shift did not help him.