Loki Confirmed as Bisexual

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Re: Loki Confirmed as Bisexual

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

clearspira wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:49 pmZeus and co fucked EVERYONE and they did so as men, women, children, animals and mythical creatures.
..rude?
..What mirror universe?
Makeshift Python
Captain

Post by Makeshift Python »

McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

So... I haven't watched the show yet but my cousin said it was basically a throwaway line.
I got nothing to say here.
TexasRed
Doctor's Assistant

Post by TexasRed »

Madner Kami wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:02 am I'd like to point out, that Loki had 6 children whose names we know of. Hel (half-dead and half-alive goddess of Death), Jormungadr (the world serpent), Fenrir (a giant wolf who is destined to eat the moon) [all three with a female Jötun named Angrboda], Narfi and Vali (two otherwise humanoid beings) [both with Sigyn, a fellow Asgardian goddess] and Sleipnir, the eight-legged horse of Odin and he got that one through mating with Svathlifari, a stallion. Yes, you read that right, a stallion fucked Loki while he was in the form of a mare, got pregnant and birthed an eight-legged horse, as an undisclosed part of an attempt to cheat the builder of Valhalla's walls out of his wage.
Also Odin himself makes mention that Loki once served 8 years in the disguise of a human woman who milked cows and bore children, in an otherwise undisclosed story. So, yeah... Loki isn't bisexual. Loki is flat out pansexual and fucks everything and fucks as everything s/he feels like. Though it's somewhat up to debate if s/he gave itself to the stallion willingly or just was too slow to escape the mighty stallion that mounted the father of the serpent that mounts the world... :lol:
Newbie Pagan here, damn you beat me to it :lol: Yup that about sums it up. And yes the whole getting mounted by the mighty stallion may or may not have been... ah... planned... or willing... the sagas aren't very clear on it.

clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:10 am
clearspira wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:49 pmZeus and co fucked EVERYONE and they did so as men, women, children, animals and mythical creatures.
..rude?
The Greek gods were the most pansexual of pansexual there has ever been and combined it with their shape-shifting. There is nothing rude in saying so.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Well when you put it that way..
..What mirror universe?
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Eh, I see the Hellenic pantheon as more predominately bisexual, because they relate to their male and female lovers in different ways. Ancient Greece was very hierarchical and their gender relations, same sex or other sex, reflect that.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Its nice that Disney actually has a major character as gay other than Gaston's boy.

However, its LOKI so its just being accurate to the myths.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

CharlesPhipps wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:41 pm Its nice that Disney actually has a major character as gay other than Gaston's boy.

However, its LOKI so its just being accurate to the myths.
I see it in reverse fashion. On one hand it's kind of underwhelming as a matter of truth/fact, but it's landmark on the map somewhere nonetheless given the conventions surrounding this type of product.

That is in particular, comic-book movies aimed at broad appeal taking on inclusivity to a significant degree in their model.
..What mirror universe?
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

They made it a throwaway line that they can easily cut out for those foreign markets where showing anything not strictly cishet is illegal. It's the same trick Disney has been using to look inclusive without actually backing it up for the last decade. No different than the six or so times they've had a "first openly gay character" who is never shown with a partner.

Honestly the one that really bothers me is the same episode heavily trans-coding Sylvie, especially with that whole "Loki is my deadname" speech, and then in the very next episode pulling a "never mind, she's a cis woman".
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.