Whining From Whedon

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
Frustration
Captain

Re: Whining From Whedon

Post by Frustration »

He's become something of a Roman Polanski: a gifted creator whose behavior makes his works unappealing in context.

I can't see him being given many future projects, and I certainly won't be giving him my money or support.
"Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two equals four. If that is granted, all else follows." -- George Orwell, 1984
Kinky Vorlon
Officer

Post by Kinky Vorlon »

You can't compare the two. Polanski drugged and raped a child. And a frightening number of people forgiven him that.

Wheadon is just another hollywood asshole. He won't be lacking work for long.
The past tempts us, the present confuses us, the future frightens us. And our lives slip away moment by moment lost in that vast, terrible in-between.
Frustration
Captain

Post by Frustration »

Whedon's offenses are much less disturbing, but I can't respect someone who gets married with the understanding it will be exclusive and then has affairs because they don't want to "miss out on an opportunity".
"Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two equals four. If that is granted, all else follows." -- George Orwell, 1984
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:20 am He's somebody who was once regarded as progressive and clever, but didn't bother to learn or improve anything since the 90s, angry and confused because he's not the golden boy anymore.
Joss apparently has two things that need to be noted as defying his "progressive" status even then.

1. He constantly slept with actresses and women in film, consensually, while lying about it to his wife.

2. He hates pregnant women. Which is a bizarre but true statement as he got pissed and wrote out Julia Benz and Charisma Carpenter both. Apparently, he doesn't know about desks.

2# is also that he hates any kind of actor-adjustement as he fired Seth Green for needing time off to do a movie too.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:33 pm
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:20 am He's somebody who was once regarded as progressive and clever, but didn't bother to learn or improve anything since the 90s, angry and confused because he's not the golden boy anymore.
Joss apparently has two things that need to be noted as defying his "progressive" status even then.

1. He constantly slept with actresses and women in film, consensually, while lying about it to his wife.

2. He hates pregnant women. Which is a bizarre but true statement as he got pissed and wrote out Julia Benz and Charisma Carpenter both. Apparently, he doesn't know about desks.

2# is also that he hates any kind of actor-adjustement as he fired Seth Green for needing time off to do a movie too.
I am actually rewatching Buffy right now.

Anyway, just a preliminary observation. The guy is a control freak with an assholish personality.
I got nothing to say here.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Yes, his harrassment and anger on set seems driven by the belief apparently Angel and Buffy were such incredible stories that they couldn't have their stories adjusted.