Star Trek: Prodigy

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
m4a2000
Officer

Re: Star Trek: Prodigy

Post by m4a2000 »

Honestly shocked Okona lasted that long before turning heel. I do think the dream Dal had of him going out an airlock will be Chuck's favorite clip of all time in Trek.

I have... Issues with Dal being a mix of so many species, note he some how has Q DNA. I need some time to think that through, but this is the worst thing yet in the series I think.

Jellico is just shy of being the CNC of Starfleet with those 4 pips basically meaning he's a 4 star admiral. I wouldn't be shocked if he's apart of Starfllet equivalent of the Joint Chiefs. That would help highlight Starfleet's reaction after the Mars attack. He has a 'Starfleet/Federation first' mindset which would clashes with Picard's where he sees beyond the political, or just doesn't care for in his later years.

Merf as the security officer... OK. I'll roll with that.

The end reveal was OK. I have no idea how that will work with 5 episodes left this season. I have a feeling the crew won't be joining Starfleet this season with everything that has been built up. I'm fine with that. I would love to have a few more lowkey episodes of the crew trying to find themselves.
It's OK to make mistakes as long as you don't make the same ones. If you do then you're not learning.
Durandal_1707
Captain

Post by Durandal_1707 »

I wonder if Murf is supposed to be a really young Changeling. His fighting style seems similar to Odo's...
m4a2000
Officer

Post by m4a2000 »

We had a lot of great backstory this time around and, just a hunch, but the retelling of what happen to Chakotay feels off.

Why? In the 'flashback' he smile.
It's OK to make mistakes as long as you don't make the same ones. If you do then you're not learning.
BlackoutCreature2
Officer

Post by BlackoutCreature2 »

I was really hoping at the end when the kids ask Holo-Janeway to tell them about the real Janeway, she would start recounting the events of "Threshold" to them.
Durandal_1707
Captain

Post by Durandal_1707 »

Holo-Janeway would never be so crass as to mention Threshold around children. For shame.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

m4a2000 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:51 amI have... Issues with Dal being a mix of so many species, note he some how has Q DNA. I need some time to think that through, but this is the worst thing yet in the series I think.
This is the kind of show where he'd find out it was DNA taken from that Amanda girl.
Frustration
Captain

Post by Frustration »

Let's all pause to remember how foolish the VOY storyline about Q reproducing was, in light of the TNG story about Amanda Rogers.
"Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two equals four. If that is granted, all else follows." -- George Orwell, 1984
m4a2000
Officer

Post by m4a2000 »

Can we call this a holodeck malfunction if it was Holo-Janeway putting them in it?

Murf lip singing was fun, so was the fighting sim.

Oh, can we just take a moment for that ice cream scene? We see the kids being KIDS! Big bowls of ice cream all around, whip cream, and just having fun!

This may have been filler, but I liked it. I'm glad this show has had the room to breath and explore.
Durandal_1707
Captain

Post by Durandal_1707 »

The twist and cliffhanger at the end were great, but it was pretty "meh" up until then. IMO.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Yeah, I'll second that. Wasn't thrilled with Preludes either.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville