Star Trek: Prodigy

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
m4a2000
Officer

Re: Star Trek: Prodigy

Post by m4a2000 »

Cliffhanger ending again, but I get it. Also shocked they did a body swap here after watching the last Lower Deck's review... The time is just weird!

Oh, and Janeway is in the brig! Some might say it was a long time coming.
It's OK to make mistakes as long as you don't make the same ones. If you do then you're not learning.
stryke
Captain

Post by stryke »

I've not watched the show before but I heard about them referencing Threshold and so had to give it a go... That was fricking amazing. Genuinely funny and that might be the best use of the Janeway character period. Her doing finger phasers especially.
m4a2000
Officer

Post by m4a2000 »

A lot of pay off in this episode, but not releasing it as a whole really sucks in my mind. The 'darkest before the dawn' setup is needed, but I need the ending.

This plus the end of Lower Decks is really flushing out the time between Voyage and Picard. Between the construct, the Texas class AI issues, and Mars it shows Starfleet was put through the ringer after the Dominion War. The loss of ships is going to be high and would help explain the copy paste fleet at the end of Season 1 of Picard.

The one laugh I got was Dal jumping the gun and going for the kiss.
It's OK to make mistakes as long as you don't make the same ones. If you do then you're not learning.
m4a2000
Officer

Post by m4a2000 »

The season is over and I will say it gives SNW a run for its money for best first season. Through out it has had hope and it makes you believe that the crew will get what they hope for, what Janeway hopes for, and what many of us hope for as well from Trek. In the end we see that hope become fulfilled.

This is a great series to have people jump on with, and I do mean people not just kids. This works great for jumping into the Trek fandom as new fans learn with the crew what everything is. Also, unlike some of the other current series it earned the tear jerker moment and the payoff for the solution. It didn't feel forced!

I can't wait for season 2 and the next search.
Frustration
Captain

Post by Frustration »

Good writing used to be a prime feature of Star Trek.
"Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two equals four. If that is granted, all else follows." -- George Orwell, 1984
Durandal_1707
Captain

Post by Durandal_1707 »

Yes, you need a good Storyteller to properly summon the Dal-Rok(tahk).