For All Mankind: Season 3 WTF?

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
phantom000
Captain

For All Mankind: Season 3 WTF?

Post by phantom000 »

About a week ago I got bored and decided to buy a month of AppleTV so I could watch the two series that peaked my interest, Foundation and For All Mankind. I just finished season 3 and I am not looking forward to season 4 at all, certainly not enough to justify buying another month just to watch it.

Without going into spoilers;

The ending left me with a great big WTF? and it seems like the series has lost it's direction. The first half of season 3 revolves around a generational conflict, the old guard on their way out and the new generation coming in is a classic setup that is handled well but they seem to drop it about half way through the season in favor of 'idiots in space suits.' The Cold War AU was a big hook for me but now that the series is approaching present day but with better technology it feels more like a near future scenario. Season 3 could have been a separate series set in the 2040's and I doubt you would have to change anything. Season 3 had some good ideas that were well handled but ultimately not enough to make me want to come back for season 4. Honestly, at this point i think it should have ended with season 2.