How Would You Breakup the Batfamily in a Batman Beyond Adaptation

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
McAvoy
Captain

Re: How Would You Breakup the Batfamily in a Batman Beyond Adaptation

Post by McAvoy »

hammerofglass wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:39 am I'm getting a white screen and I'm not getting notifications when someone replies to me.
Me too. It's been happening for a few weeks now for me.
I got nothing to say here.
sayla0079
Captain

Post by sayla0079 »

Maybe have it where Bruce became so obsessed he pushed everyone away (this happened in the 90s series with Nightwing).
Scififan
Officer

Post by Scififan »

Well, I never really liked the whole Terry is Bruce's son because I just thought it was completely unnecessary. I did love the scene with him and Ace though.

If you remember from the first time Terry meets Barbara Gordon you are revealed that her, Dick and pretty everyone else just wanted to move on. You see, crimefighting was an adventure to Batgirl, Robin and Nightwing whereas with Bruce it was always a holy crusade.

So when Jason got tortured and brainwashed Bruce just retreated into himself and pushed everyone away. As Barbara put it, "I don't hate him, I hate what he's become. Such a great man".

Bruce is a tragic figure but he does take steps to change things and try to repair damages.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

I like the idea they just all move on with their lives, and Bruce wasn't able to.