[Life is Strange] Max is back, tell a friend

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

[Life is Strange] Max is back, tell a friend

Post by CharlesPhipps »

https://youtu.be/Ciia3eBFnb8

The series has returned to its mistress!

ALL HAIL MAX!
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Re: [Life is Strange] Max is back, tell a friend

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Prediction:

* Bay ending will be canon

* Bae ending is canon in the Alternate World but Max and Chloe broke up.

* Chloe will be a surprise reveal in Alternate World

* Chloe will be hostile to Max but Max will be like, "Oh my god, you're alive!"

* Chloe and Max will have broken up because Max couldn't live with the guilt of killing so many people for Chloe's survival, including Chloe's mom

* Max and Chloe will have the option of a relationship but it won't be necessary

* The ending will allow more video games of the pair solving crimes across the Multiverse.
Winter
Captain

Post by Winter »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 5:58 am Prediction:

* Bay ending will be canon

* Bae ending is canon in the Alternate World but Max and Chloe broke up.

* Chloe will be a surprise reveal in Alternate World

* Chloe will be hostile to Max but Max will be like, "Oh my god, you're alive!"

* Chloe and Max will have broken up because Max couldn't live with the guilt of killing so many people for Chloe's survival, including Chloe's mom

* Max and Chloe will have the option of a relationship but it won't be necessary

* The ending will allow more video games of the pair solving crimes across the Multiverse.
I just want to know if the comics are going to tie-into this game or not cause they're actually really interesting IMO as they deal with the whole Multiverse thing and this game is exploring parallel worlds.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

I don't have anywhere else to say this, but it kind of annoys me how one of the game's endings is basically what I would have done at the beginning of the game. Let the unstable violent guy shoot the girl and not time travel to prevent it.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

TGLS wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 1:41 pm I don't have anywhere else to say this, but it kind of annoys me how one of the game's endings is basically what I would have done at the beginning of the game. Let the unstable violent guy shoot the girl and not time travel to prevent it.
I suppose murder by inaction is something they felt would be out of character.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 3:00 pm
TGLS wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 1:41 pm I don't have anywhere else to say this, but it kind of annoys me how one of the game's endings is basically what I would have done at the beginning of the game. Let the unstable violent guy shoot the girl and not time travel to prevent it.
I suppose murder by inaction is something they felt would be out of character.
Well, I guess, but it seems to me to be basically going:

Player: "I dunno, maybe I should think about the implications of using time travel to stop this guy"
Game: "Don't worry about it! It's totally fine!"
[Hours later]
Game: "Time travel has consequences you dolt!"
Player: ...
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

TGLS wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 3:11 pm Well, I guess, but it seems to me to be basically going:

Player: "I dunno, maybe I should think about the implications of using time travel to stop this guy"
[Hours later]
Eh, on the other hand, Spider-Man has taught me that if you DONT use your powers then your Uncle Ben will die.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 10:46 pm
TGLS wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 3:11 pm Well, I guess, but it seems to me to be basically going:

[Hours later]
Eh, on the other hand, Spider-Man has taught me that if you DONT use your powers then your Uncle Ben will die.
So everyone without an uncle named Ben is fine? Or are you arguing that everyone who doesn't have an uncle named Ben, has superpowers but never used them?
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Madner Kami wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 11:31 am So everyone without an uncle named Ben is fine? Or are you arguing that everyone who doesn't have an uncle named Ben, has superpowers but never used them?
I'm saying that Max using her powers is what a person should do if someone is about to die.

Which admittedly is why the ending of the game is bullshit.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 9:57 pm
Madner Kami wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 11:31 am So everyone without an uncle named Ben is fine? Or are you arguing that everyone who doesn't have an uncle named Ben, has superpowers but never used them?
I'm saying that Max using her powers is what a person should do if someone is about to die.
Not if using those powers leads into an even worser situation.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox