Prodigy Season 2 FINALLY OUT!

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
m4a2000
Officer

Prodigy Season 2 FINALLY OUT!

Post by m4a2000 »

It is on Netflix and can be watched in one whole stint... Just under 8 hours of brand new Trek to hold you over until next year!

Sadly I don't have Netflix, but the reception has been amazing from everyone I know who has seen it. This is all more of a reason I am really mad at Paramount as they seemed to have scrubbed it as much as possible from their own promotional material. This also compound things for me with Paramount now being sold, if that even goes through.

Two things I have found out is that the Voyager A has holographic crew members. After the Dominion War it makes sense from all of the losses, but knowing what is about to happen with the Mars Attack I wonder how long this kind of crew lasts. I do think is a post Picard season 3 world holographic crews come back which would lead into STO... Different topic for a different time.

Second thing is a reference to the Doctor encountering the crew of the Cerritos. There is a part of me that wishes from a Prodigy and Lower Decks crossover, but I know it can't happen. On the other hand the comment makes me wonder if in season 5 of Lower Decks we'll have the Doctor guest star.

Once I get a way of watching the whole series... Oh high seas of the internet, where will you take me? ... Anyways, once I do that I'll say more, but again it really does feel this series is running circles around Picard in places and most of Discovery.
It's OK to make mistakes as long as you don't make the same ones. If you do then you're not learning.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Re: Prodigy Season 2 FINALLY OUT!

Post by CharlesPhipps »

It's a shame that a lot of people didn't watch this or won't because it's the biggest argument for New Trek after Lower Decks.

Lots of continuity and celebrating the spirit of Star trek.

It is to Trek what Clone Wars is to Star Wars.
m4a2000
Officer

Post by m4a2000 »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 10:09 pm It is to Trek what Clone Wars is to Star Wars.
I have seen many people say the same and I sort of agree. Both seem to flush out more of the world than the other shows or movies do.
It's OK to make mistakes as long as you don't make the same ones. If you do then you're not learning.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

I would but I don't have paramount plus.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 1:18 am I would but I don't have paramount plus.
It's on Netflix now.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

I absolutely love it. The characters are endearing and the action and stakes are amazingly well-executed. Shame on whatever Paramount suits canned this wonderful show for a tax writeoff.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Nobody700
Captain

Post by Nobody700 »

I do wanna watch the show, need to find some time. One thing I did learn was the series finale brings up the plot of Picard.

So suddenly the show is 1/10.
Science Fiction is a genre where anything can happen. Just make sure what happens is enjoyable for yourself and your audience.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Hey, don't hold continuity against the show. :(
Nobody700
Captain

Post by Nobody700 »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 4:11 am Hey, don't hold continuity against the show. :(
On the one hand I do respect they actually made it a major plot point and that they care about the lore.

On the other hand... I can't blame Prodigy but why THAT lore... still better than SNW insisting Sybok will return...
Science Fiction is a genre where anything can happen. Just make sure what happens is enjoyable for yourself and your audience.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Honestly, the whole Sybok thing reminds me that Disco having a retconned-in Spock relative isn't *that* ridiculous or unprecidented.