DC Comics General Discussion [Spoilers]

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
Wargriffin
Captain

Re: DC Comics General Discussion [Spoilers]

Post by Wargriffin »

I was not expecting to like Mystik U

but its got alot of charm to it... and none of those tacky DC headstones

plus it even has teacher gags Chuck would enjoy
"When you rule by fear, your greatest weakness is the one who's no longer afraid."
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

If you don't mind comic books being, um, comic, and you haven't read it yet, the Elmer Fudd / Batman issue is pretty good.
FaxModem1
Captain

Post by FaxModem1 »

I've been following the Green Arrow Rebirth series. It's pretty much everything good about the Green Arrow comics packed into one series. It has Oliver being very progressive, it has high falutin adventures, chemistry between Ollie and Dinah, Dinah kicking seven kinds of ass, and Ollie acting as a modern day Robin Hood.
yamiangie
Redshirt

Post by yamiangie »

Darth Wedgius wrote:If you don't mind comic books being, um, comic, and you haven't read it yet, the Elmer Fudd / Batman issue is pretty good.
That was actually interesting so are all the other like that?
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

I just started the Rebirth series and enjoying the various storylines I've been reading. So far, I've read Wonder Woman, Batman, and Batgirl.

Not sure which other series to try.
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

yamiangie wrote:
Darth Wedgius wrote:If you don't mind comic books being, um, comic, and you haven't read it yet, the Elmer Fudd / Batman issue is pretty good.
That was actually interesting so are all the other like that?
I didn't read the Bugs Bunny one or the Wonder Woman one, but I did read the Road Runner / Lobo crossover. I liked it, but I think that the Elmer Fudd / Batman issue was a lot better.
Wargriffin
Captain

Post by Wargriffin »

So Defiance finally comes to an End as Deathstroke goes back to being an assassin
Kinda unhappy with the Willow reveal, I mean its not that there weren't hints once you realized what you were looking at them. I'd have rather her be her own character cause I find the rabid squirrel girl thing funny.

Batman Fake out endng was Fake... I could sit here and list the problems with #39 and #40 but in the end Its just a weak follow up to the double Date. Bruce and Diana's is barely focused on. I get King was unsure of his WW so he went with a rather by the numbers plot.

Jessica WHY

Nightwing... Okay was not seeing the Judge's eyes coming.
"When you rule by fear, your greatest weakness is the one who's no longer afraid."
Wargriffin
Captain

Post by Wargriffin »

https://imgur.com/a/XPwko

Hawk and Dove Hall Brother Edition!

Think they turned out pretty well
Wargriffin
Captain

Post by Wargriffin »

Detective comics

...Oh goodie THIS arguement
'Its always the problem when THE BAT MORALITY is challenged

Either the argument is thrown out due to Flaw Fallacy or better Serendipity takes over and just outright prevents it "all the times Bruce basically was gonna kill a bitch but karma or someone else beat him to it or stopped him... Ala War of Jokes and Riddles

I think the thing that pissed me off was Tim's "We're Better then that!" to Kate's "I did what any Soldier/Officer in the line of duty would have done."

Tim THAT mentality is why you are gonna turn into totalitarian fuckwit Batman... You and Bruce really do think you're morally superior, That you absolutely know better then the plebians you serve.'

To further elaborate

Kate made the right decision... from the Way Basil was reacting to the serum... WE SAW IT FAILING and Basil himself was pretty convinced he was about to change back and hurt Cass

Now yeah the Glory bit happened most likely to muddy Kate's decision to make you think maybe if Kate had just waited a few seconds but Glory was not buffed up on Ten tons of Mudd or Kaiju size

Kate was acting in Cass's and civilians defense

Bruce's problem is... The moment he compromises the Bat morality is finished cause it shown it CAN'T Work and all of Bruce's recurring rouges aren't alive cause of Bruce's love for life or belief in the sanctity of it... He's just ****ing scared to live with the consequences

Kate Clearly didn't kill Basil out of some MADDOG desire to do so... Hell if Cass had started beating on her... I'm pretty sure Kate would have sat there and took it... cause Kate clearly cares for Cass

Red hood and the outlaws
Lobdell: I have no intention of putting Jason and Artemis together

Consistently puts more and more ship tease between...

You're full of it Lobdell!

Fun issue... like that Jay and Art aren't completely blind to Bizarro's odd behavior

Titans

Gawd Dammit Roy When are you gonna learn Jade is not YJ Jade... She has few and far between when it comes to redeeming qualities

She's always just using you

... The JL might as well put Donna in the Cone of Shame while they're at it.

Wally and Dick are sticking together

Lilith and Garth have gone off to parts unknown... I'd like to think they took a treat to DC to visit someone

Karen is with Mal raising her child

Its attack of the talking Gorillas!

I liked this issue
Wargriffin
Captain

Post by Wargriffin »