Your Headcanons?

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Re: Your Headcanons?

Post by CharlesPhipps »

My headcanon is Discovery IS the Star Trek original timeline. But it's the timeline that resulted from the events of First Contact and the Temporal War. A much darker and more militant time with more advanced technology as well as the Vulcans being a much bigger bag of dicks.

Future Guy, it turned out, was a much more sympathetic figure than you'd think, though.

He was trying to prevent the destruction of Romulus.
APlotdevice
Redshirt

Post by APlotdevice »

Rocketboy1313 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 9:41 pm
APlotdevice wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 7:17 am New head cannon involving the Klingons in Discovery:

In the wake of the augment virus, many Klingons opted for procedures to try to restore their “klingonness”. Over time this grew into an obsession amongst many houses to be “more Klingon than Klingon”, eliminating any sense of “humanness”, even the parts that were natural to their species.
In my head cannon there was no virus. All of Enterprise did not happen (cause it was crap).

The reason Klingons looked that way in the old series is because it is a TV show. People just need to stop taking everything so literally.
But what about DS9? Trials and Tribble-ations established there was a difference between TOS Klingons and TNG era Klingons long before Enterprised hit the airwaves.
Rocketboy1313
Captain

Post by Rocketboy1313 »

APlotdevice wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 5:13 pm
APlotdevice wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 7:17 am New head cannon involving the Klingons in Discovery:

In the wake of the augment virus, many Klingons opted for procedures to try to restore their “klingonness”. Over time this grew into an obsession amongst many houses to be “more Klingon than Klingon”, eliminating any sense of “humanness”, even the parts that were natural to their species.
In my head cannon there was no virus. All of Enterprise did not happen (cause it was crap).

The reason Klingons looked that way in the old series is because it is a TV show. People just need to stop taking everything so literally.
But what about DS9? Trials and Tribble-ations established there was a difference between TOS Klingons and TNG era Klingons long before Enterprised hit the airwaves.
It is called a comedy episode.

Did you ever see "Samurai Champloo"? There is an episode with zombies that ends in a nuke killing everyone. Next episode they are back on the road as if nothing happened.
My Blog: http://rocketboy1313.blogspot.com/
My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Rocketboy1313
My Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/rocketboy1313
My Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/13rocketboy13
cilantro
Officer

Post by cilantro »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 2:42 pm My headcanon is Discovery IS the Star Trek original timeline. But it's the timeline that resulted from the events of First Contact and the Temporal War. A much darker and more militant time with more advanced technology as well as the Vulcans being a much bigger bag of dicks.

Future Guy, it turned out, was a much more sympathetic figure than you'd think, though.

Could Future Guy be actually Nero?
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

cilantro wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 12:07 am
CharlesPhipps wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 2:42 pm My headcanon is Discovery IS the Star Trek original timeline. But it's the timeline that resulted from the events of First Contact and the Temporal War. A much darker and more militant time with more advanced technology as well as the Vulcans being a much bigger bag of dicks.

Possibly, though how a miner managed to get time travel technology is anyone's guess. My other theory is Commander Tebok ("The Neutral Zone") because canon should always be characters we know.

I admit, my headcanon there is, "The TV shows are an approximation of what happened in canon and Klingons have always looked like Klingons."

Some more Star Trek headcanons:

* Q is actually the inspiration for Lucifer, Loki, and other Trickster gods. He also was the one who made the deal with that race which sold their souls to him and just couldn't be bothered to show up that day when Picard proved he didn't exist.

* The "Q" war with the Confederacy was just another Test for humanity.

* Picard is actually descended from a British family which bought a vineyard in France a hundred years ago.

* The Enterprise reproduction watched by Riker and Troi is actually a fairly bad one in places. It tried to apply Federation values and a pro-humanity slant on the early days of Archer.

* "Dear Doctor" was altered as Archer and Phlox outright gave them the cure among other Prime Directive violations.

* Janeway was barely keeping it together in the Delta Quadrant. A lot of her decisions and seemingly imperious command style was based around the fact she believed it was better to behave like she knew exactly what she was doing than admit she was just as scared, confused, and troubled as anyone else there.

* The Borg ceased their attack on humanity...because it wasn't efficient. They assimilated enough ships to get an idea of our technology, history, and everything else the Borg could want from us. They don't indiscriminately assimilate, they do it to make sure they get as much as they can.

In short, the Borg won and we didn't realize it.

* Even with the above statement about more extremist and nastier Vulcans, most Vulcans aren't like Spock the way most humans aren't like Kirk. Spock is an exemplar of Vulcan logic mixed with compassion and is remembered as a Thomas Aquinas or Saint Francis figure of their religion centuries later.

Most Vulcans pay lip service to logic, pacifism, and stoicism but there's also more Tuvoks (who barely held back his anger, boredom, and withering disdain among other emotions at the best of times) than Spocks.
Last edited by CharlesPhipps on Thu May 17, 2018 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 3:17 am
cilantro wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 12:07 am

Possibly, though how a miner managed to get time travel technology is anyone's guess.
The red matter black hole thingies had thrown Nero's ship and the Jellyfish through time. Maybe the black hole that ate Nero's ship threw him forward in time instead of back, because there was an inverse renoberating whoozamagilis wave from a nearby magnetar. Or it could be random. Nero may have made it to an escape pod after the viewer transmission was cut, driven to super-Romulan endurance by his desire for revenge on SPOOOOOOOCK.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Darth Wedgius wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 3:29 am The red matter black hole thingies had thrown Nero's ship and the Jellyfish through time. Maybe the black hole that ate Nero's ship threw him forward in time instead of back, because there was an inverse renoberating whoozamagilis wave from a nearby magnetar. Or it could be random. Nero may have made it to an escape pod after the viewer transmission was cut, driven to super-Romulan endurance by his desire for revenge on SPOOOOOOOCK.
Now I'm imagining a convoluted time travel plot where he's rescued by the Nak'hul, tries to create the Suliban, and after Archer defeats the Nak'ul--the Time Police return Nero right back to the spot he was rescued to be blown up.

I'd watch that episode.
APlotdevice
Redshirt

Post by APlotdevice »

Rocketboy1313 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 11:45 pm
APlotdevice wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 5:13 pm

It is called a comedy episode.

Did you ever see "Samurai Champloo"? There is an episode with zombies that ends in a nuke killing everyone. Next episode they are back on the road as if nothing happened.
Samurai Champloo blends feudal Japan with modern hip-hop. The whole thing isn't supposed to be taken too seriously. ;)
Independent George
Officer

Post by Independent George »

I like to pretend that in Legend of Korra, what they call 'platinum' is what we call 'titanium'.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Horror Headcanon

* Michael Myers isn't in any way supernatural. He's just a severely screwed up kid who hated his elder sister, killed her, and then got made worse by the system. He wears a piece of sheet metal underneath his chest like a Fist Full of Dollars and is just very much in shape because there wasn't much else to do but work out when he was in a state mental health facility. He also died in Part II.

* Jason Voorhees IS supernatural and there's something demonic in Crystal Lake that spawned him, like a Deep One. Also, against canon, Jason won't normally kill mothers, animals, or children. Predator rules, basically.

* Freddy is an honest to God demon. He's arguably never been human and may be just impersonating the late serial killer/pedophile.

* Rather than Sigourney Weaver, the role of the Head of the Cult in ''Cabin in the Woods" should have been played by Jaime Lee Curtis. The various branches of the organization are usually headed by the Final Girls.