Star Wars: The Clone Wars has a new Season.

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
Wargriffin
Captain

Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars has a new Season.

Post by Wargriffin »

Slash Gallagher wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:55 am Keep buying that good PR.

Next up. KOTOR is canon.

I swear i made some speculative posts about this happenning a while ago.
Revan was almost Canon

He'd have shown up as a vision along with Bane on Mortis

youtu.be/7lpn1_ZLIIA

It was cut largely cause... The Sith can't become force ghosts proper in the the way Jedi can. They at best have to be attached to a singular place or item.

and two it would imply Revan pissed his redemption away.
"When you rule by fear, your greatest weakness is the one who's no longer afraid."
MyUserName
Officer

Post by MyUserName »

GandALF wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:06 am
MyUserName wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:28 am
And hey, I like the Mando's and Ashoka, but I'd honestly rather see Son of Dathomir. They aren't saving the series as if they were, it would be WAY longer than 12 episodes, it seems to me they are bringing back episodes THEY want that can tie into New Canon.
TCW is the basis for new canon. Doesn't anyone remember the Mandalorians being completely changed? Lucasfilm doing controversial things isn't anything new.
I think you are missing my point. Which is...
there were scripts and/or storyboards that covered events all the way into season 8. So no, this isn't it's intended ending.
I fully remember republic commando and the cliff hanger ending it was left on. I also understand Karen Traviss is not interested in returning to write for Star Wars after her series got overturned like that.

But then, ANY writer who went into the EU went in understanding that Lucas could override their stories with his vision at any time. In the Thrawn Trilogy, the clone wars were a galactic scale conflict against a clone army that went insane and caused havoc throughout the galaxy. The conflict lasted well into Leia's lifetime. Prior to Episode 2, Jedi were allowed to marry and have romantic relationships in the books and comics. This was status quo and so long as a writer understood this working relationship, they were free to enter and write what they wanted.

Disney on the other hand, well this announcement is supposed to be a "kiss and make up" invite to the fans. Oh, and were still not producing stories you want. We are not including stories we could. And it's on OUR on streaming service, so pay up or ship off.

Seems to be like its a bunch of hype and fluff rather than an appeal to the alienated fans.

And since this is the same creative team that worked on Rebels, I dont believe for a minute that they can produce a series of the same consistent quality of Clone Wars. We will see.
unknownsample
Officer

Post by unknownsample »

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't both Rebels and Clone Wars share a number of production personal.
GandALF
Officer

Post by GandALF »

MyUserName wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:27 am
Disney on the other hand, well this announcement is supposed to be a "kiss and make up" invite to the fans. Oh, and were still not producing stories you want. We are not including stories we could. And it's on OUR on streaming service, so pay up or ship off.

Seems to be like its a bunch of hype and fluff rather than an appeal to the alienated fans.
I think you're missing my point that Lucasfilm (especially pre-Disney) rarely, if ever, tried to appeal to alienated fans. They've far more often than not had a "take it or leave it" attitude.

Lucas himself would troll them by saying that Jar Jar is his favourite character in interviews.

They needed material for their streaming service, they found some.
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

Wargriffin wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:34 pm

Next up. KOTOR is canon.

Revan was almost Canon

youtu.be/7lpn1_ZLIIA

It was cut largely cause... The Sith can't become force ghosts proper in the the way Jedi can. They at best have to be attached to a singular place or item.

I hate whole What is the Force and balance stuff. Could not care less for it.
GandALF wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:00 am

I think you're missing my point that Lucasfilm (especially pre-Disney) rarely, if ever, tried to appeal to alienated fans. They've far more often than not had a "take it or leave it" attitude.

Lucas himself would troll them by saying that Jar Jar is his favourite character in interviews.

Jar Jar's role became almost non existent post TPM.
MyUserName
Officer

Post by MyUserName »

Can't say I agree with that sentiment. The brand has seen a definite decline in profitability. Disney has looked into having another publisher, IDW, publish comics to reach out to other audiences and explore new creative outlets. Now they are bringing back a fan favorite. They are doing what they can to revitalize their cash cow. The fact they ran this rather than a trailer for Resistance shows the audience they are trying to appeal to at the moment. It's a smart move, but a smarter move would be to be clearly adapting all the old scripts that were left behind, and to put this on Netflix or, even better, stream the series for free on youtube. Even if it wasn't up to prior standards, a gesture like that would go a ways in restoring good will.
MyUserName
Officer

Post by MyUserName »

Slash Gallagher wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:25 am

Next up. KOTOR is canon.

Revan was almost Canon

youtu.be/7lpn1_ZLIIA

Oh, Jar Jar saw steady rotation in Clone Wars. I think the most amusing one was a ode to Akira Kurosawa's Kagemusha, where an important Gun Gun leader who is Jar Jar's Doppelganger, falls ill during negotions with the separatist's and Jar Jar has to take on the role and attempt to play a serious, intelligent, and diplomatic leader. He also worked surprisingly well with Mace Windu in a season 6 episode.
Wargriffin
Captain

Post by Wargriffin »

The Mace - Jar Jar episode was the best use of the Odd couple ever
"When you rule by fear, your greatest weakness is the one who's no longer afraid."
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

MyUserName wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:50 pm
Slash Gallagher wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:25 am

Next up. KOTOR is canon.

Revan was almost Canon

youtu.be/7lpn1_ZLIIA

Oh, Jar Jar saw steady rotation in Clone Wars. I think the most amusing one was a ode to Akira Kurosawa's Kagemusha, where an important Gun Gun leader who is Jar Jar's Doppelganger, falls ill during negotions with the separatist's and Jar Jar has to take on the role and attempt to play a serious, intelligent, and diplomatic leader. He also worked surprisingly well with Mace Windu in a season 6 episode.
Yeah but he worked way better in CW.
Meushell
Officer

Post by Meushell »

MyUserName wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:05 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI7WyhWZkzk&t=1s

While I should be happy to have the series back, I'm not.

It's been confirmed for only 12 episodes. One story arc ties into a battle mentioned in the New Canon Ashoka Novel. No mention of the four episode Son of Dathomir story arc. No mention of the eight episode Dark Disciple story arc. No mention of delivering 1313's story in this series, or having Boba Fett return to claim slave 1. No mention of the Zilo beast cloning project.
Since it is only 12 episodes, I wouldn’t want to see the stories we already have. Of course, I’d prefer to have more episodes in the first place.

The Ahsoka battle takes place during The Revenge of the Sith. This makes me very curious to what else we might see beyond her.

I wonder if the episodes will have any call forwards to Star Wars: Rebels.

I would like to see a story about Barriss. That’s doubtful though.