Your Headcanons?

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Re: Your Headcanons?

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Luke ordered Jaina to kill her brother.

That's pretty sad sack.
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:49 pm Luke ordered Jaina to kill her brother.

That's pretty sad sack.
Never read LOTF and FOTJ. I wanted some chill and optimism after the Vong.
sayla0079
Captain

Post by sayla0079 »

Heres a crazy one (this one isn't serious just as a joke): Ezri is a member of Section 31 1.she wasn't there any of the times section 31 showed up in the last season till near ep. end 2.Her personality did a 360 in the middle of the season (the being scatterbrained could have been an act). 3. we have no clue what she was up to pre joining counseling aside
Last edited by sayla0079 on Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nessus
Officer

Post by Nessus »

Why Khan's followers in TWOK appear to be too young to be the original Botany Bay crew, yet too old to be the children of same:

When Ceti Alpha VI exploded, FUBARing Ceti Alpha V, Khan had as many of his people as possible put back into cryosleep to conserve resources and cap the potential death toll while a skeleton crew (including Khan) worked to stabilize and rebuild to a survivable state. I'm assuming the Botany Bay cargo modules were among the cargo pods the supermen were left with to use as as colony habs, as evidenced by the personal effects seen in TWOK. Getting this accomplished was a long, hard road that claimed many lives over 10 years or more, and they may not have even been over the hump by the time the Reliant found them.

When the Reliant arrived on Ceti Alpha V, Khan was surrounded by people who'd only been back out of cryosleep for maybe a couple years. The original skeleton crew had died off, and Khan had awoken a fresh group to take over the work. When Khan took the Reliant he woke the rest to serve as crew, and because with a starship in their possession, they finally had a safe and potentially stable environment to live in.

This also helps explain why he'd be so much more passionate about revenge, while his followers were mostly just motivated by loyalty to him, and actually pleaded with him to give up the chase. He'd gone through two decades of incredibly hard life watching everything go bad and people he cared about dying over and over, while they hadn't and were seeing things with fresher, less bitter eyes.

When Khan told Checkov and Tyrell that the Ceti Eel was the planet's only surviving indigenous lifeform, the unspoken implication is that the only reason it survived when literally everything else didn't was because its was already in captivity, or possibly incubating in someone's head, at the time of the cataclysm. The specimens in the terrarium were the only surviving members of the species.

Maybe it was a scientific curiosity. Maybe a grotesque form of sentimentality for the people he lost to the eels. Maybe Khan felt that no matter how horrible the critter was, he had a moral duty to preserve the only remnant of an entire world's native life. That's actually maybe not an unrealistic reaction to seeing all life around you (including people you care about) get wiped out before your eyes. Or if you want to be grimdark, maybe he kept it as a punishment threat for anyone who would challenge or defy him.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Ceti Alpha's system was devastated by the Doomsday Machine or one of the many other incredible world destroying horrors of the Star Trek universe. This is why the wholesale transformation of the system was treated so blase by Starfleet.

This sort of thing happens all the time or did in TOS era.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Or it just blew up like they said. Remember Voyager accidentally set off a planet loaded with dilithium. We know dilithium is highly volatile. In Season 2 TNG it was going to rip apart a planet and Picard had to violate the Prime Directive to get involved and save lives (hooray, a rare example of common sense with the PD!).
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
phantom000
Captain

Post by phantom000 »

There are probably a couple million people who have had this same idea, but here it is anyway.

CHRISTMAS

Santa Claus is a Timelord. His sleigh is actually a TARDIS which is how he can visit every house on the same night, this does not contradict the laws of time so long as he never visits the same house twice on the same night, thus he never meets himself. He can carry an infinite number of presents in his bag because it's dimensionaly-transcendental. And no one ever sees him thanks to a perception filter.
Andrew Joshua Talon
Redshirt

Post by Andrew Joshua Talon »

I actually wrote a full on fic for a Voyager headcanon of mine: Talaxians produce pheromones that essentially get other species stoned off their asses. Most Delta Quadrant species are now immune after prolonged contact, but Alpha Quadrant species definitely aren't. It would neatly explain a lot of the weirder things that happened to Voyager.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9648913/1/Detox

I played it mainly for laughs but towards the end I made it more of a fix fic, just to warn you. And naturally I have a lot of shoutouts to Chuck.
APlotdevice
Redshirt

Post by APlotdevice »

The Hunger Games is actually set in the same universe as the Truman Show, only centuries later.
MissKittyFantastico
Officer

Post by MissKittyFantastico »

Darth Wedgius wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:11 amAnd when asked if anybody else from a past Enterprise D survived, he's sorrowfully told, "Everybody's dead, Dave?"
Not Chen? :D

Actually - might as well recount this here, it is headcanon, although it's not mine - Dave's my default Starfleet crew name owing to the old Make It So podcast, where they named the crewman who's always standing at a console in the brig 'Dave in the Brig'. The reason Dave in the Brig is always busily typing away, even though his job seems like it should just be "Is the forcefield up? Okay, do nothing then", is that he's actually trying to hack into the secure files on the Enterprise's main computer, but he never gets anywhere because he's not good with computers. He's got an over-supportive girlfriend, but nobody else to provide any constructive criticism, so he just keeps on trying despite never having a chance.

I'm kind of looking forward to this animated Trek show with humour along these lines, needless to say.