Villains you would like to see portrayed in a Batman film

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Re: Villains you would like to see portrayed in a Batman film

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

MissKittyFantastico wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:23 am Oh Calendar Man does nothing, he just sits in his cell and talks - TBH I never even bothered remembering to play on the right days for him to say something different, I just loved that serial killer presentation of him, which I'd never seen before. It was nothing he did, just sparked the imagination.
What I heard is that people change the date on their Windows clock to finish all the easter eggs. Not sure if you'd have to restart the game each time, but that would be tedious if you do.

It's funny how the developers logos at the start of the game are skippable in Arkham Asylum, unavoidable in Arkham City, and unavoidable in Arkham Origins. Then it was like Arkham Knight came and said "so what AO you think you're a good enough game to make people wait through the logos?" and proceeded to let you skip them again.

Clayface in general is cool, but he's the oddest of all the rogues. You get a suspension of disbelief with most of the other ones through some sort of chemical science fiction with, say, Joker, Freeze, even Man-Bat, then you get Clayface who's pretty much T1000 but without any circuitry or anything. Seems the most unbelievable. And also no one in the story really cares about this, like he's Edward Scissorhands.
..What mirror universe?
Jonathan101
Captain

Post by Jonathan101 »

Supposedly the Penguin is almost certainly going to be one of the main villains in this movie, with Riddler, Hush and / or Court of Owls alongside him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4Dkcvb ... gs=pl%2Cwn

As to the question, I've been waiting for Hugo Strange to be done properly one day; he'd have been my pick for TDKR at the time in fact rather than Bane, but alas.
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

King Tut, but not as a main villain. After Batman has taken down the main villain and is exhausted, a news show comes on reporting on him. Alfred says let the police handle it but he turns around and Bruce is already gone.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Nessus wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:31 pmSort of a shame: Gotham was really hit-and-miss with it's versions of the rouges gallery: some were amazing (Penguin, Selena Kyle, Riddler, Joker), others were kind of blah or really bad (Black Mask, Scarecrow, Poison Ivy).
What season was Black Mask in Gotham?
..What mirror universe?
T-L
Redshirt

Post by T-L »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:07 pm
Nessus wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:31 pmSort of a shame: Gotham was really hit-and-miss with it's versions of the rouges gallery: some were amazing (Penguin, Selena Kyle, Riddler, Joker), others were kind of blah or really bad (Black Mask, Scarecrow, Poison Ivy).
In season one, he was the business man who made people fight for job openings at his company.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

T-L wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:58 pm
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:07 pm
In season one, he was the business man who made people fight for job openings at his company.
Yeah lol First Season dates my familiarity with him.

Reading the wiki, it seems like that was Fox's adaptation of him due to licensing permittance, though apparently he was rendered Roland's father in a comic book later.
..What mirror universe?
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Jonathan101 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:20 pmAs to the question, I've been waiting for Hugo Strange to be done properly one day; he'd have been my pick for TDKR at the time in fact rather than Bane, but alas.
I feel like Bane was too overpowered in TDKR. His defeat for Bruce wasn't really a matter of treating him like a critical threat who has bested Batman in the past, it was more just a matter of him being a test for Bruce to overcome his own reserves about himself. It's like it was just a wall that Bruce had to eventually climb over.
..What mirror universe?
Jonathan101
Captain

Post by Jonathan101 »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:49 pm
Jonathan101 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:20 pmAs to the question, I've been waiting for Hugo Strange to be done properly one day; he'd have been my pick for TDKR at the time in fact rather than Bane, but alas.
I feel like Bane was too overpowered in TDKR. His defeat for Bruce wasn't really a matter of treating him like a critical threat who has bested Batman in the past, it was more just a matter of him being a test for Bruce to overcome his own reserves about himself. It's like it was just a wall that Bruce had to eventually climb over.
I don't feel that Bane was "overpowered" (he's probably one of the weaker versions of the character, after all) so much as Bruce was "underpowered". Bruce might have been able to take him first time if he was in better shape and not been out of action for 8 years, as indicated when they fight near the climax and Batman ultimately wins.

But if I had my way that dumb time skip would not have happened and Nolans' trilogy could have been the beginning of the DCEU; Nolan had to have his way, it seems.

I wanted Strange because where TDK left off- Batman being hunted by the police- is where a classic Hugo Strange story called Prey begins, and that story is largely grounded and would have been perfect for the Nolan Batman films (bonus- Scarecrow appears in the sequel to that story). Also because at the time fans were clamouring for the Riddler and were imagining that he could be portrayed as some sort of psychologist who is obsessed with Batman and deduces his identity...which is exactly what Hugo Strange is, so you might as well go with him rather than changing who the Riddler is, plus Strange is a different and more personal sort of challenge than Nygma is anyway, along with being the villain the writers originally intended to be the arch-enemy of Batman.

I also probably wouldn't have killed Two-Face in TDK, or if I had to work with that I'd reveal that he was secretly still alive, and I'd bring him back for a Dark Victory adaptation (maybe or not chucking Strange if things got too cluttered).

Basically I'd want a totally different movie, one that didn't involve Bane or the League of Shadows at all, and instead focused more on the city and mobster stuff along with personal explorations of Batmans' psyche.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Jonathan101 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:29 pm
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:49 pm
I don't feel that Bane was "overpowered" (he's probably one of the weaker versions of the character, after all) so much as Bruce was "underpowered". Bruce might have been able to take him first time if he was in better shape and not been out of action for 8 years, as indicated when they fight near the climax and Batman ultimately wins.
Yeah I know :) Same difference though.

I mean usually , from what I've seen, the dynamic between Batman and Bane is established through their multiple encounters sort of established as a back and forth where each has bested the other, even though most everything I've seen of him involves Batman easily ripping his tubes out (it's practically a cliché). I guess maybe that six month difference accounts for that, but it's just one story and feels weird to me.
But if I had my way that dumb time skip would not have happened and Nolans' trilogy could have been the beginning of the DCEU; Nolan had to have his way, it seems.

I wanted Strange because where TDK left off- Batman being hunted by the police- is where a classic Hugo Strange story called Prey begins, and that story is largely grounded and would have been perfect for the Nolan Batman films (bonus- Scarecrow appears in the sequel to that story). Also because at the time fans were clamouring for the Riddler and were imagining that he could be portrayed as some sort of psychologist who is obsessed with Batman and deduces his identity...which is exactly what Hugo Strange is, so you might as well go with him rather than changing who the Riddler is, plus Strange is a different and more personal sort of challenge than Nygma is anyway, along with being the villain the writers originally intended to be the arch-enemy of Batman.

I also probably wouldn't have killed Two-Face in TDK, or if I had to work with that I'd reveal that he was secretly still alive, and I'd bring him back for a Dark Victory adaptation (maybe or not chucking Strange if things got too cluttered).

Basically I'd want a totally different movie, one that didn't involve Bane or the League of Shadows at all, and instead focused more on the city and mobster stuff along with personal explorations of Batmans' psyche.
Given the two fan posters I've seen involving alternate third movies with Robin Williams and NPH playing the Riddler, it seems people have a fixation on him, possibly due to Jim Carrey trying to steal the character a bit. I thought it'd be fun once to imagine what Nolan would do for the Riddler, but it seems fatiguing considering his cold dry realism approach. Plus Joker was already doing the cat and string game, so I'd think Riddler would come off as redundant.

Dr. Strange sounds good, but I'd like a movie of buildup to establish him, which isn't too much to ask for imo.
..What mirror universe?
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

NPH?
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox