The Rise of Skywalker plot rumors *spoilers*

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Re: The Rise of Skywalker plot rumors *spoilers*

Post by Yukaphile »

Well, I am the Forum Overlord. KNEEL BEFORE ZOD. :twisted:
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

... really? Just saw Geekdom's vid on this, and... REALLY? Disney or Lucasfilm or whoever the fuck puts out fake spoilers? Those corporate bastards...
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

And this is why you take rumors with grain no salt instead of believing that those are 100% true.
Last edited by Mecha82 on Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Deliberately spreading false information. It's really pathetic. Probably why anarchism is picking up steam among both left AND right.
ChrisTheLovableJerk
Officer

Post by ChrisTheLovableJerk »

So are these fake or not? I have heard that Disney and Lucasfilm are purposely leaking plot details as market research because they're desperate to win the fans back and want to see what will please as many people as possible.
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

I would assume it is false information. Abrams is really paranoid about leaks and runs a pretty tight ship.
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Damn bastard!
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

That doesn't surprise me. Abrams seems like type who prefers not to have his work spoiled before it's out and I can't blame him.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

So he perpetuates false information on a forum for it that is already flooded by lies and misinformation and propaganda instead of running a tight ship? Lucas wanted the reveal in Episode V kept secret, he acted like a man. Granted, he did NOT have to contend with social media, but even so, the idea of spreading lies to keep this secret when you could easily just FIRE the leaker and blackball them if you ran half a decent set strikes me as wrong.
Ordo
Officer

Post by Ordo »

Addendum: https://makingstarwars.net/2019/09/rumors-on-how-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-begins/