Who here is Excited for Rise of Skywalker

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
Mecha82
Captain

Re: Who here is Excited for Rise of Skywalker

Post by Mecha82 »

It's tiresome that people still keep whining about TLJ after 2 years and acting like it killed Star Wars when it did not. It didn't ruin they childhoods either because they childhoods had already happened. All just because they don't like TLJ and are so convinced that everyone should share they negative opinion.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
Fixer
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Fixer »

Oh sweet summer child.

I gave an honest opinion and it's not one ungrounded in the harsh light of reality.

Two years ago a took a break from the internet for 10 whole days to avoid TLJ spoilers as work and family commitments meant we could only all see it all together on Christmas Eve. This year, I didn't make that effort.

Without revealing anything. The leaks were true.

If you don't think that the Last Jedi was a bad movie, rest assured that Disney did and have made some desperate efforts to rectify it. Now consider that you know Palpatine was brought in as a villain to give the protagonists an actual threat to fight and that the conclusion to this story is written by J.J Abrams. The man known for his terrible endings and empty mystery boxes.

My suggestion is to set your expectations low. So low that it you make it out of the theatre without suffering a brain anurysm from the stupidity of it all you would consider it a win.

So as the family is not interested in going to see it this year and it's just a couple of buddies, we're going to watch the movie then head to the bar. It'll be a Star Wars wake. We'll remember the good times, mock the bad times and enjoy ourselves with copious libations.

I'd recommend it for anyone that wants to watch this movie.
Thread ends here. Cut along dotted line.
------8<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

Thing is, I actually like and enjoy TLJ like as I have made clear many times (and I am not afraid to do so) so I am not worried about Rise of Skywalker at all. So really I don't need to set my expactations low. After all I am sure that I will enjoy it just like I have enjoyed previous parts of sequal trilogy.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Honestly I thought the leaked script looked like a fun romp that fit perfectly into the core movies' fairy tail tone.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Fixer wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:51 pm Oh sweet summer child.

I gave an honest opinion and it's not one ungrounded in the harsh light of reality.

Two years ago a took a break from the internet for 10 whole days to avoid TLJ spoilers as work and family commitments meant we could only all see it all together on Christmas Eve. This year, I didn't make that effort.

Without revealing anything. The leaks were true.

If you don't think that the Last Jedi was a bad movie, rest assured that Disney did and have made some desperate efforts to rectify it. Now consider that you know Palpatine was brought in as a villain to give the protagonists an actual threat to fight and that the conclusion to this story is written by J.J Abrams. The man known for his terrible endings and empty mystery boxes.

My suggestion is to set your expectations low. So low that it you make it out of the theatre without suffering a brain anurysm from the stupidity of it all you would consider it a win.

So as the family is not interested in going to see it this year and it's just a couple of buddies, we're going to watch the movie then head to the bar. It'll be a Star Wars wake. We'll remember the good times, mock the bad times and enjoy ourselves with copious libations.

I'd recommend it for anyone that wants to watch this movie.
I'm really looking froward to the Mauler and Red Letter Media takedown vids of this rubbish in a few months time.
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.
Fixer
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Fixer »

clearspira wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:26 am
I'm really looking froward to the Mauler and Red Letter Media takedown vids of this rubbish in a few months time.
At the very least, that means something good will come from this mess. Along with some very painful lessons.

In other news, Jeremy Jahns review now the embargo has lifted.

youtu.be/Hobn57uzQlk
Thread ends here. Cut along dotted line.
------8<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Fixer wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:51 pm Oh sweet summer child.
I was just joking btw.

Anyways I wish Mike the best but I don't feel he's really got anything on the new trilogy.
Power laces... alright.
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

I think he's reacting more to Mecha82, who has basically whined every time someone has given TLJ criticism.
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Admiral X wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:54 pm I think he's reacting more to Mecha82, who has basically whined every time someone has given TLJ criticism.
Mecha is doing what he frequently accuses others of and has on this very thread: being unable to accept criticism of their opinion.
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

If Mrs. Wedgius wants to see it I'll go without complaint. Otherwise, I'll wait until it comes out on VHS.