Upcoming Films

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
Ordo
Officer

Re: Upcoming Films

Post by Ordo »

Some Star Wars Images:

The Romulan Republic
Captain

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Is that Snoke at the top? He looks like someone melted him?

Hmm... Force lightning maybe? Palpatine's face got messed up by reflected Force lightning, after all.

Rey with the blue sabre is cool. Though if she ever makes her own saber, I still see Rey with a double-bladed green saber (would fit her use of a staff in TFA, and green just feels right for some reason).
excalibur
Officer

Post by excalibur »

I'm looking forward to a Netflix film called Bright starring Will Smith. It isn't sci fi, but it's one step away from Shadowrun
"Adapt, Overcome & Improvise"

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."
King of the owls
Officer

Post by King of the owls »

excalibur wrote:I'm looking forward to a Netflix film called Bright starring Will Smith. It isn't sci fi, but it's one step away from Shadowrun
Same here. A creative fantasy setting? Will Smith playing a cop? Sign me up.
Redem
Officer

Post by Redem »

I'M hype for Godzilla 2, but it's two years away!
excalibur
Officer

Post by excalibur »

King of the owls wrote:
excalibur wrote:I'm looking forward to a Netflix film called Bright starring Will Smith. It isn't sci fi, but it's one step away from Shadowrun
I think the director is more in his element that Suicide Squad that he was forced upon by the studios and messed up by a horrible editing team. At its core, Bright is a cop movie and this director excels in cop movies

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

excalibur wrote:
King of the owls wrote:
I think the director is more in his element that Suicide Squad that he was forced upon by the studios and messed up by a horrible editing team. At its core, Bright is a cop movie and this director excels in cop movies
Minus that Schwartzenegger movie.
excalibur
Officer

Post by excalibur »

Agent Vinod wrote:
excalibur wrote:
King of the owls wrote:
That's really the only odd thing about Sabotage. It was an awesome action movie to watch. It's just Arnold's reputation was distracting to watch him be a serious cop character

Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

excalibur wrote:
Agent Vinod wrote:
excalibur wrote:
King of the owls wrote:
That's really the only odd thing about Sabotage. It was an awesome action movie to watch. It's just Arnold's reputation was distracting to watch him be a serious cop character
To much thriller stuff and to many one note characters for it to be an awesome action movie. i enjoyed it regardless.
Ordo
Officer

Post by Ordo »

So the AT-M6 is a roided up AT-AT that has simian movements (Making it harder to trip I think) that mounts a ******* artillery piece on it's back. You know the FO may not have the man power of the Empire but they seem to have built their gear to be much more effective.

This thing is 7,669.72 meters long, mounts two orbital autocannons (Which are words you DON'T want to hear) and mounts 24 Anti-air defense cannons on it's dorsal surface (Apparently the FO considers fighters/bombers a valid threat). So those rumors about Finn and Rose Infiltrating a ship to plant charges suddenly make a LOT more sense.